GTA IV a little help please?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by mrvex, Dec 31, 2009.

1. mrvex

mrvex MDL Novice

Nov 23, 2009
    I tried installing GTA IV both in windows xp x34bit and windows 7 x64 bit.... For Windows xp x34 bit, it worked great without any problems... even while patching the game the game is detectable... But for WINDOWS 7 PRO x64 bit, i got several problems.

INSTALLER PROB :
    Fixed via other ppl's solution

Then a second prob occurs which really piss me off:
    When the game social club comes out, i tried to press "play" but an error occured "what what said the game is unavailable" What i did after that is i go open the GTAIV manually which actually works for me to start the game.

Third Prob :
    the game lagging every couples of frame
    (Dont blame on my PC, i got a decent Card and processor " ATI 5870, X4 955BE")

Forth :
    when i wanna install the patch released by the official site, it said that my GTAIV copy is undectable.. WTF i'm so damn angry rite now....

-- >>> what i did to fix it was " i go copy my patched GTAIV version from my Windows Xp rig then transfer to my windows 7 rig" then i can play it without any lag .....

What is bugging me now is :
    MY GAME CANT BE DETECTED if i wanna patch it in my WINDOWS 7 RIG, and the transfering progress is exhausting 13GB man!! Social club cant detect it too unless i go open my GTAIV manually.

I tried exporting my Windows Xp registy and imported it in my Windows 7 rig and it doesnt help too..
    BELOW >
    Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Rockstar Games]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Rockstar Games\Grand Theft Auto IV]
    "InstallComplete"="1"
    "INSTALL_LANG"="1033"
    "InstallFolder"="E:\\Rockstar Games\\Grand Theft Auto IV"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Rockstar Games\Grand Theft Auto IV\1.00.0000]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Rockstar Games\Rockstar Games Social Club]
    "InstallLang"=" /clone_wait /L1033 /zAUTORUN"
    "InstallFolder"="E:\\Rockstar Games\\Rockstar Games Social Club"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Rockstar Games\Rockstar Games Social Club\1.00.0000]

Is there problem with my registry??? help please....
    The ones with WIndows 7 x64 bit, can check if my reg is there any prob with it...

2. milan.dindos

milan.dindos MDL Novice

Oct 11, 2009
    this game requires one of the following 1. login to RSSC or press "skip login" on the initial RSSC screen and 2. Login to GFW (games for win) account. Am I right?

3. SixKillerLV

SixKillerLV MDL Novice

Sep 28, 2009
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...