gts250 corrupted bios

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by anythingUlike, Oct 6, 2011.

1. anythingUlike

anythingUlike MDL Junior Member

Apr 4, 2011
    Hi,
    I f...ed up my ASUS GTS250 (ENGTS250). I flashed new bios but my display is blank now. Things I tried to do:
    1. Set video for integrated graphic when gts in plugged in to pci-e slot and plugged in to psu cable. I've tried flash from from dos (bootable pendrive with AUTOEXEC.BAT) and from windows but nvflash error message says: no nvidia adapter found.
    2. Turn off integrated graphic and set video for broken gts but PC is freezes each time this way. I can't boot windows and dos doesn't lanuch. Even Ctrl+Alt+Del which restarts PC when mobo bios is loading doesn't work. Just totally freeze. Sure I don't know why.

I asked many polish PC computer services but noone wants/can't help me. I don't have PCI card to plug in and I even sure it won't help. If you have any ideas what can I do tell me, please...
    :(
    BTW: Sorry if my english isn't enough good.

2. U-Fig

U-Fig MDL Member

May 14, 2010
    first,.. you tried flashing your GTS250 ( make, vendor, bios revision, board revision) to a ??? ( make ???, vendor ? , bios revision ?, board revision ?)

these are all thing you would have to sort out first, if you really want to flash your graphics chip to something higher, MAKE SURE YOU GET THE CORRECT BIOS FILE, if you modded your own graphics bios for improved performance,MAKE SURE YOUR GRAPHICS CARD CAN HANDLE THE STRESSES/VOLTAGE SETTINGS IN YOUR MODDED BIOS

sorry for the caps, i tried and fried a couple of graphic-boards this way, both nvidia and ati, both different architectures as well.
    as for recovery-flashing your graphics card i would suggest borrowing a PCI card or rather buy one cheaply and do the flash, seems to me as if you are trying to flash the wrong adapter, i.e. the onboard graphics in stead of your GTS250, so get a cheap PCI card and flash that way, so you could then fiddle with adapters(i.e. adapter 0 or 1 is onboard and adapter 1 or 2 is your GTS250)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. anythingUlike

Apr 4, 2011
    Hmm... I don't know what's the difference between using PCI card or integrated graphic card for flash. But OK if you say that I guess you're right. So should I buy Nvidia or Radeon PCI graphic card? Which one is the cheapest PCI card? I prefer to buy because it can save my live in future...

Thanks for the replay

4. U-Fig

U-Fig MDL Member

May 14, 2010
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. U-Fig

U-Fig MDL Member

May 14, 2010
    that would be a good card, budgetfriendly, so it doesn't matter if it will gather some more dust after you have recovered your card.

that would be a handy card to have laying around, especially when problems like yours arise

6. anythingUlike

Apr 4, 2011
    Thanks a lot man! You've been very helpful. MY GTS250 works great now :)

7. U-Fig

U-Fig MDL Member

May 14, 2010
    glad to hear that it worked out for you.
    remember to keep the pci card as a backup in case u need it in the future.

happy Gaming!
    Fig!