[GUIDE] N56VZ bios replacement with CH341A ISP programmer

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by david esad, Jan 3, 2015.

1. david esad

david esad MDL Novice

Jul 25, 2014
    #1 david esad, Jan 3, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2015
  2. redroad

redroad MDL Guru

Dec 2, 2011
    You will have to get I think 25 posts before you can post pics .. or just put a url address like H t t p or Hxxp ..

3. jromariz

jromariz MDL Novice

Feb 2, 2015
    #3 jromariz, Feb 2, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2015
    thanks for the tutorial, I'm having a similar issue but I didn't change my bios lately. :S

I managed to turn the computer on again after taking all the disks out, and waiting a bit, but I'm seriously afraid of restarting it again, will try to get the gadgets you described and see if it works. :)

4. jromariz

jromariz MDL Novice

Feb 2, 2015
    Update: I've bought all the items and took the laptop apart now I'm having some trouble with the programmer, when I click "read" it goes to 5 or 10% and gets stuck. :-(

5. Tycoon51

Tycoon51 MDL Novice

Apr 8, 2015
    Thank you man, you saved my life and my laptop :worthy:

Only problem i encountered was installing the driver on Win7 64bit, it hadnt installed automatically so I launched programs CH341SER and CH341PAR, they seemed to be selfextracting archive, so then only install the driver using Device Manager. (Archives extract at path st. like C:/WCH.CN). If you encounter a problem that the drivers arent digitally signed, you have to restart PC, keep pressing F8 and in Startup menu select option Disable Driver Signature. Then it should detect normally and you can rewrite the chip.
    Thanks again for this great guide:shake:

6. RootRacer

RootRacer MDL Novice

Jun 12, 2015
    Thanks a lot for your tutorial, I followed every step and my laptop was able to boot again after restarting it once. Next I installed my HDD and SSD en assembled the laptop completely, but now the laptop won't boot anymore... I was able to boot once more, but now it just spins the HDD and fans and shuts down after about 10 seconds. I am going to check if the bios got corrupted again soon, do you have any idea how this could have happened or how i can solve it? I have not made any changes to the bios and i have not selected "save and quit".

Am I correct in assuming I have to program "Lettura 1.bin" to my bios chip? There was no "bios.bin" file in your .zip archive.

7. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    i think its the file in hdd root.. or its looking for the logo file in root of and fails.
    take hdd out and reset cmos batt.

8. RootRacer

RootRacer MDL Novice

Jun 12, 2015
    I did the whole process again and found out that the bios got currupted again (I verified it). When my laptop booted into BIOS I just shut it down with the power button, appearently if you do that the BIOS corrupts itself again. The important part is that my laptop boots now! Thank you a thousand times for this fix, ASUS wouldn't help me with it (only for about 500 euro's) and claimed "It is not a known issue".

9. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    try using fd44 tool on the bin file before flashing it.

also check ram.

10. Maison1

Maison1 MDL Novice

Jan 5, 2015
    #10 Maison1, Jun 15, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2015
    The CH341 programming software is made by Lai_Green_Tool which you easily find.

The latest drivers are found at the company WCH from china. Please search there for CH341.

A free version 1.18 of the CH341A programming software can be found in the internet.

11. Heave

Heave MDL Novice

Jul 26, 2015
    Thanks for this post i get an idea for my laptop, there's any one can help me to fix my problem about Asus N53SV i reinstall My laptop but the problem is about the battery and keyboard while my battery good function when i reinstall to a new OS windows 7 Ultimate theirs might be a problem if plug the power charger its 100% full charge and i waited to self shut down it takes to long too off. but when it is full charge and i make shutdown or i restart they can not continue to load the windows operating system, and the battery comes out very fast low battery indicates to red. if i plugin the power charger it continues to load the OS. Although i already flash the BIOS update to the latest version. i think there's a problem to it duet to theirs a message came out to update into first part. and no messages that update is complete. and the keyboard not functions properly to the certain keys. two times i reinstall the laptop but theirs nothing happen to its and the same problem i need help to give me an advice or idea to fix it because i think its on the BIOS chips program, my laptop no more warranty the original OS has been destroy and no backup of operating system. the original Hard disk get into crush down. i brought new hard disk that i reinstall OS and that came out problem for my unit.

12. trtrtr

trtrtr MDL Novice

Jun 27, 2016
    Hi i am having same problem. I want to try your solution. Can you upload the photos again. Google say the files have virus can you upload them also. Thanks in advance.

13. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
  14. trtrtr

trtrtr MDL Novice

Jun 27, 2016
    Thanks for the file but i cant see the video.

15. tenxatenx

tenxatenx MDL Novice

Jun 21, 2012
    #15 tenxatenx, Jul 29, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2016
    Hi, I just want to ask a question before making mistake since the photos in this link are all gone. I got the same problem after changing graphic memory setting.

I saw your post in other thread on how to use so8 clip in Recover (or Mod?) Asus NV56VZ UEFI BIOS? Thread
    Sorry, I can't post link due to my post count

So, VCC (3.3v) is supplied from AC jack? Programmer are only connected to other 7 pins except VCC?
    Is this the cause why it is not possible to program soldered eeprom just by clipping it straight (VCC from programmer)?

I can borrow my friend's hotair station but if possible I'd like to do it without desoldering.
    Thanks in advance.

Edit: Apparently the OP has posted this guide somewhere else with working pictures. It seems like I can just clip it directly without using ac jack vcc source.
    Since I can't post link, just google "[GUIDA]N56VZ Riscrittura BIOS con programmatore ISP CH341A (NO POST, NO LOGO)" from hwupgrade.it

16. tenxatenx

tenxatenx MDL Novice

Jun 21, 2012
    I successfully fixed my n56vz. I tried all tricks like Ctrl+Home amiboot.bin, etc and it was in vain. I followed OP's instruction and patched up my own bios.
    I wanted to keep my uuid,etc by patching up my old bios and latest bios update from asus (217) because I'm using win10 which annoyingly embedding license in BIOS. Fortunately, that part is not corrupted at all.

I was only guessing as I'm a noob in this region as well so don't blame me if you were to follow this instruction and fail.
    If you know some hexadecimal address theory, then you would understand. Just simple comparison of bit to bit in each files.

The bios chip is read/flash-able directly using SO8 test clip so you don't need to desolder or any fancy tricks. Fully disassemble, clip to eeprom, connect the programmer to computer, and you're ready to go.
    Assuming your last bios is ver 217.

##AGAIN, FOLLOW AT YOUR OWN RISK##
    1. Backup (Read) your error bios from the eeprom chip.
    2. Download bios 217 from asus webpage, using hxd delete address 000-7FF.
    3. Using HxD (or any hex editor), copy 0x00000000-0x00200000 from that backup of error bios to header of 217.
    4. Save your patched bios, your file size should exactly be 8MB (8,388,608 bytes)
    5. Flash it back to the eeprom and let's the magic work.

17. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    most times the power supplied by programmer is enough and no need to add power.. some rare occasions on some boards.

18. xuanhuy

xuanhuy MDL Novice

Aug 20, 2016
    #18 xuanhuy, Aug 20, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2016
    Hi tenxatenx,

I'm not a programmer, so please tell me more detail:

Please tell me how to delete address 000-7FF, and how to copy 0x00000000-0x00200000 from that backup of error bios to header of 217.

The file extention of backup file fo CH341A should be *.BIN, but the bios 217 i downloaded from the asus site was N56VZAS.217, then i just simply rename that file to N56VZAS.BIN?

Hi David esad

If I use your file to Flash to CHip, I found 2 files backup, which file shall I use for flash to CHIP?

Backup file.PNG

Thank you for help!

19. david esad

david esad MDL Novice

Jul 25, 2014
    HI, hope this help. There is my italian guide whit photos. In the bakup file of my bios "lettura 1" e "lettura 2" are 2 identical file, there are two read of the same bios chip i bought from ebay. My bios is slow(5 seconds to start), and haven't the retroillumination of the keyboard
    I somone whoud help me to find a new better bios image i would happy!! :)
    htpp www hwupgrade it/forum/showthread.php?t=2692428