Guide to remove BIOS password of Acer computer (Both Laptop & Desktop).

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by thuvn205, Jun 14, 2008.

1. thuvn205

thuvn205 MDL Novice

May 11, 2008
    #1 thuvn205, Jun 14, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
  2. petar

petar MDL Expert

Apr 5, 2008
    Will this tool (cmospwd-5.0.zip) work on other boards except Acer ?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. offon7544

offon7544 MDL Expert

Sep 27, 2007
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. petar

petar MDL Expert

Apr 5, 2008
    Wow...nice tool..:D
    Thanks for the link...:D

5. thuvn205

thuvn205 MDL Novice

May 11, 2008
    #5 thuvn205, Jun 15, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2008
    (OP)
    Hehe My Laptop is asked to pay USD25 for removing password, so I try alot of tools in Dos but it doesn't work even the default/backdoor but only this tool works.

This tool's author said never kill laptop Bios because Password is in eeprom just try to retrieve via electronic programmer but it works in my case. :D I think the reason maybe the tool to access & control Bios in windows of Acer. :)

6. Sapulidi

Sapulidi MDL Novice

Dec 20, 2008
    eTechnology password recovery alternative way!

I've encountered this problem aswell.

A relative made a password for the 'restore' part aswell and forgot what it was. No big deal in the first place, but then windows crashed.

The only way to get the system going again is by recovering it by using the utility Acer has 'built in' (Thank you Acer :\).

Here's an alternative way to get to KNOW what the password actually is (I'm not an expert but this is what I did, do this at your own risk though not much harm can be done when you're in this position :p):

Since the windows crashed and wasn't accessible anymore I couldn't perform the steps mentioned above. So here's what I did instead (took me too much time though):

1. Connect the 'main' hard-drive to a computer that actually works and reboot the computer.

2. Now with the 'Acer' hard-drive visible, search for a partition called something like PQSERVICE (something like that I can not completely recall)

3. Use the windows search on that partition and try to locate a .DAT file which contains 'AIMD'. I don't know the full file name, but there is only 1 file that has 'AIMD' in it and it's a .dat file.

4. Once the search function found the file right click it and press open. You need to open the file with 'notepad' or 'wordpad' (text-editor)

The file will show you something like this:

'
    [MyData]
    PD=<This is the actual password>
    HT=<This is the password hint>
    '

5. The actual password is the password you are going to need! write it down or print it.

6. Mount the hard-drive back into the acer pc and start it.

7. When the POST screen appears (with the acer logo and del for setup etc.) use the key-combination: ALT+F10 (you've probably done this already though)

8. Choose to restore your Acer (not with the cd), and use the password you've gotten out of the .DAT file. NOTE: the password is case sensitive!

Good luck!

note to add: This solution should only be used if you've forgotten your password and are the actual owner of the computer. Acer couldn't help us in this case so I had to do this myself. I know many people have encountered this frustrating problem and that's the only reason I posted this.

7. dovez0

dovez0 MDL Novice

Jun 12, 2009
    Help

Hi tried this with my acer travelmate 5720g, now when restarted have a blank screen doing nothing please help followed all instruction

8. heliosys

heliosys MDL Novice

Jul 12, 2009
  9. divanoli

divanoli MDL Novice

Nov 1, 2009
    I have cracked bios on my ACER Aspire 4710 - Success!

Hi all,

I'm a Laptop Service Technician.
    Acer Aspire 4710 got BIOS Locked.
    I tried removing the EEPROM jumper. but no result!
    Then I followed this Thuvn's method.
    I worked for me. (But i removed the Bios battery before this)
    I did the steps above and replaced the BIOS battery. Now I have access to my bios.

Thanks for Guiding Me!

10. jhone

jhone MDL Novice

Nov 1, 2009
    how to remove/clear bios password

A. By Using the Motherboard Jumper:

In most motherboards CMOS battery is soldered, which makes it difficult to remove the battery. In this case we use another method.

Almost all motherboards contain a jumper that can clear all CMOS settings along with the BIOS password. The location of this jumper varies depending upon the motherboard brand. You should read your motherboard manual to check its location. If you don't have the manual then look for the jumpers near the CMOS battery. Most of the manufacturer label the jumper as CLR, CLEAR, CLEAR CMOS, etc.

When you find the jumper, look carefully. There will be 3 pins and the jumper will be joining the center pin to either left or right pin. What you need to do, is remove the jumper and join the center pin to the opposite pin. e.g. if the jumper joins center pin to left pin, then remove it and join center pin to right pin. Now wait for a few seconds and then again remove the jumper and join the center pin to left pin.

Make sure to turn the PC off before opening the cabinet and resetting the jumper.

B. By Using Software:

I have found that BIOS/CMOS Password Recovery Tool is the most effective.:
    BIOS/CMOS Password Recovery Tool is a program that works instantly to remove any lost or forgotten BIOS/CMOS password. Simply boot your PC to DOS and execute the program, and get access to forgotten BIOS/CMOS passwords in just seconds

11. asgaard

asgaard MDL Novice

Dec 20, 2009
    How can I remove BIOs password in acer aspire 4920??/ When i used CmsPwd and tried use acer empower the laptop just stop (freezing). Have you got another solutions???

Regards

12. Knud

Knud MDL Novice

Jan 13, 2010
    Hello, I also got a blank screen on a travelmate 4150....
    Did you ever get yours going again? or should I just bin this one?

13. slashcut

slashcut MDL Novice

Feb 5, 2010
    I did the above on an aspire 3100, and the laptop locked up shortly after, forcing me to reboot...

I got a black screen like you guys.

To resolve it, i had to remove the soldered cmos battery from the board, after doing that I could then get into the bios :D

be careful though, i took some fo the track with the battery oops, so i cant sodler it back on lol.

14. rahimhd

rahimhd MDL Novice

Jul 26, 2009
    #17 rahimhd, Jun 24, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2010
    Acer laptop BIOS and HDD password can be removed easily. Using dilbert script, you can generate master password for any acer laptop that produced 5 digits error codes (system disabled [xxxxx]).
    If you laptop got 8digits error codes, then you're in trouble since you need to visit professional services to get it unlock.
    PM for more info or just visit my website.

D*rn... need 20posts in order to add link/images... lol

15. taraish

taraish MDL Novice

Jun 26, 2010
    Hello Rahimd,
    how do you mean "dilbert script", i've searched on t he net bu i didn't find anything. Also, i have 5 digits code error when I missed power-on password tree times.

16. RuudM

RuudM MDL Novice

Jul 11, 2010
    Remark and update

On an Acer 3620 I tried the following with a positive result but in a somehow different way:

needed software cmospwd and Acer eSetting Management (see the first message in this thread).

If you start cmospwd the computer seems to freeze, you can only reset the computer.

BUT: if you start eSetting Management FIRST and keep it open/running, then try to kill the cmos, it is possible to change the password through eSettings after using the tool cmospwd (option 1).

That is the way it worked for me :worthy:

17. sebus

sebus MDL Guru

Jul 23, 2008