GUTEN TAG!! Intro & quick STEAM question to all!

Discussion in 'Introduction' started by PanzerHauptmann, Oct 19, 2009.

1. PanzerHauptmann

PanzerHauptmann MDL Novice

Oct 19, 2009
    Jawohl! Hello everyone, I've already made a few posts prior to introducing myself, so may I die a thousand deaths...

Anyway, hello and fair greetings to you all.

On a side note, perhaps off topic a bit, but has anyone subscribed to Steam, and, if so, how was their experience been? Worth it? Easy to use? How much per mo? Etc etc... (And precisely how much info does it retain from your personal HDD to send to their servers for "examination") Any info would be helpful.

ps. I wouldve posted this in the Gaming section, however I noticed that there aren't too many posts there when compared to some of the other forum topics, such as this one. Thanks everyone..

2. nefarius

nefarius MDL Novice

Oct 12, 2009
    Hello Fräuleins!

I think you mean the Gaming-Platform Steam from Valve, right? You don't have to pay per month, you can play every registered game on public servers for free (like Counter-Strike Source, Team Fortress 2, Day of Defeat, etc.).

Did this help you, mate? :)

3. Barney Bear

Barney Bear MDL Novice

May 28, 2007
    Welcome To The Forum :)

4. PanzerHauptmann

PanzerHauptmann MDL Novice

Oct 19, 2009
    umm. no not really.

I can't tell if you're being completely sarcastic or you are being serious. A company wouldn't waste all their time to all people to download games and waste bandwidth playing them on packed servers for free.

5. nefarius

nefarius MDL Novice

Oct 12, 2009
    #5 nefarius, Oct 28, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2010
    Oh sry you got me wrong :D You have to buy the game but you only have to pay once, not per month. Most Game-Servers are private dedicated servers you can join for free.