H E L P! "DATA LOST" galaxy s III

Discussion in 'Mobile and Portable' started by emin2pac, Aug 25, 2013.

1. emin2pac

emin2pac MDL Novice

Feb 21, 2013
    hey guys hope im posting right place, got the galaxy s 3 gt 19300, while doing back up.. usb got disconnected, it was about to finish though.. when i went to the backup destination (folder) i found no files there.. anyway to recover data?
    thx.

2. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    You only can recover data which had been there one time already. If they hadn't been copied they cannot be recovered from destination, only from source.
    I don't get the problem, need more details.:)
    You've copied data from (internal) SD of your I9300 to where? PC? How? MTP mode (directly via explorer)? Sure you know the right destination? Actually all files which have been copied already should be found in the destination folder since they are copied one by one.

And then USB got disconnected during copying.
    And why have you deleted the original files on the phone even though you noticed that USB got disconnected while copying...?

If you try to recover on a windows pc there are recovery tools such as avaira unErase, or O&O unerase.
    Or do you mean to recover the original data on the phone?

The Phone partition which you see on windows explorer is just one FAT32 or extFAT partition on the internal / external SD card. To recover it from windows you have to be in UMS mode not in MTP mode. In UMS mode the partition gets mounted as logical device and gets a drive letter (such like a USB pen drive). The S3 doesn't have the UMS mode any more, though. One needs a mod kernel.
    I dunno if there would be an android app for recovery directly on the phone...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...