Hackers Outwit Windows 7 Activation

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by babyonemore, Nov 17, 2009.

Tags:
  1. babyonemore

babyonemore MDL Novice

Nov 11, 2009
  2. maxdebesciak

maxdebesciak MDL Novice

Jul 31, 2009
    tell us something we don't already know

3. ennio

ennio Guest

Do you have any info when WAT will be released?

4. Brainsuck

Brainsuck MDL Addicted

Oct 9, 2009
    #4 Brainsuck, Nov 17, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2009
    Wat is already out it all over win 7 ms is working cleaning up the franky builds right now! :eek::eek::eek::eek:

Do not install anything that modify system files, including (but not limited to) Chew-WGA, RemoveWAT from Hazar, Toolkit 1.8 from Orbit30, and other similar tools that imply changing the way the operating system works by disabling or modifying main features (such as activation modules) or crucial characteristics (such as edition integrity) also known as "Frankenbuild

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. FreeStyler

FreeStyler MDL Guru

Jun 23, 2007
    Thats exactly why i think RemoveWAT & ChewWGA are useless fixes in my opinion... As soon as MS decides to update the kernel to require the licensingservices to be active these 'fixes' are finished.

Frankenbuils, Chew And RemoveWat are the easiest ones to detect and most likely the first to be disabled.

6. genuine555

genuine555 MDL Expert

Oct 3, 2009
    And after that they might just try to go for the bios mods. But that one will take them a little more effort, so that is still THE best solution to stay out of detection range for a longer period of time...

7. secr9tos

secr9tos MDL Addicted

Jul 28, 2009
    Btw. how do you find out if the bios is modded?
    Gather the Version & Manufacture and look it up in a list where it says slic 2.1 yes/no ?

8. superMDMArio

superMDMArio MDL Member

Dec 16, 2008
    hackers = hazor?

:rolleyes:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. freevista

freevista MDL Member

Jan 14, 2009
    That would be my guess.. WindowsUpdate.log logs this info even now in every startup. For example, Computer brand = Gigabyte and Bios name = Dell would be a clear indication of a hack.

10. bambara

bambara MDL Junior Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Let's just wait and see. Though, I think that it will be kinda cool if MS decides to attack activation methods. The scenario as it play through my mind is: MS disables 3 activation tools on Monday, and 20 other activation tools that replaces them are released first thing on Tuesday. It's pretty much a lost battle for them.

11. freevista

freevista MDL Member

Jan 14, 2009
    I'd say it's in their strategy to allow some piracy to get the usage higher, and PR reasons too. They could be very devious if they wanted, for example logging pirated versions silently and secretly, and then making random "ban waves", like they just did with Xbox Live.

12. genuine555

genuine555 MDL Expert

Oct 3, 2009
    They can't tell the difference between a real slic and an emulated one, but one way is to get to you is by determining the bios date, and a SLIC brand that doesn't match the motherboard. So even when having a matching slic and cert, they can get u on that.
    But apparently it's possible to even change those dates in bios, so a solution for that could again be found.

And for instance the right laptopmodels get recognized in win7 very easily when just plain installing. U can see that in devices&printers. When they should keep tags on the Win7 preinstalled laptop models, the ones that are activated by an SLP key but haven't been sold with a certain oem install could be easily marked as non genuine.

13. Brainsuck

Brainsuck MDL Addicted

Oct 9, 2009
    #13 Brainsuck, Nov 17, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2009
    The only thing MS is going after are Frankenbuild and loaders because you can sell them and will work on any Computer you load it on It not like I going to buy 1000 main boards mod the bios and sell them for half the price I pay for them that is why bios mods are not going to get it :eek::eek::eek: Like a little shop is selling oem seven but wants to keep cost down he will use a loader and sell you the machine and you dont know anything about

14. secr9tos

secr9tos MDL Addicted

Jul 28, 2009
    Well the loaders are more "userfriendly"... but yes I use a bios-mod.

15. genuine555

genuine555 MDL Expert

Oct 3, 2009
    Yeah, i did mean that m$ COULD do those things. That doesn't mean they are gonna do it. The issue they'd have when hunting down biosmods is disabling the the pirates while maintaining the legitimate users. The question is, will they be able and willing to handle this 2-way cutting blade.
    But even if they would decide to take those kinds of actions, they can't ever deal with all bios mods out there. That one really is impossible. And as they are the minority by far, like you said, they would have to be very determined to go for that minority too. For now they'll have their hands full in handling all the softmods :p

16. Rosco

Rosco MDL Addicted

Oct 29, 2007
    They really only care about piracy methods that allow people to sell their software - so that is:-

1. The "hacks" - they will target them with a vengeance just like Paradox's "Royal.sys".
    2. The loaders ? - Well they never targetted Vista loaders BUT all you guys making self activating DVDs are inviting them to attack.

They NEED 7 to be a success and this commercial imperitive is the only reason they are softer on piracy methods - this is obvious from the softening of the Vista antipiracy from "Dead system" to "slightly annoying" messages.

They can re-activate the dead system any time they like but it was this threat - ie they could kill your system - that killed Vista for businesses - plus it was basically bloated crap that offered no benefits for business.

17. _office_

_office_ MDL Junior Member

Oct 25, 2009
    this is result of noob's that just found it .... stupid post
    what next ? someone will ask 'hi see this new DAZ loader ...'
    we need new rule 4 this case

18. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    Maybe but they won't be posted here

19. Busykid508

Busykid508 MDL Guru

Jun 4, 2009
    Your under the impression that all hacks are different and therefore, Microsoft won't be able to find all of them....wrong assumption and that is exactly what Microsoft wants you to believe.

The real truth is all hacks have similar features and once the features are found, it is easy to create a security update to weed all of them out and all hacks will fail....

The only workaround that seems not to fail is a modified bios, a true modified bios, and not by a bios emulator.

20. Busykid508

Busykid508 MDL Guru

Jun 4, 2009
    lol...you are wrong for WAT (Windows Activation Technology) is finding bios emulators and disabling windows when found....it did it to a friend of mine 2 weeks ago and it would not let him into windows until I made a modified bios for him and then windows was activated again.