HALP! Convert windows 7 Ultimate to Enterprise

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by fail, Oct 25, 2009.

1. fail

fail MDL Novice

Oct 25, 2009
    After reading the internet I know that this is impossible, but still I refuse to give up.

Few months ago I installed 7 Ultimate. Today I found that I have a valid MAK Key.
    I need to somehow convert my current installation of 7 Ultimate to Enterprise.

2. Lich King

Lich King MDL Addicted

Sep 24, 2009
    Why do u convert it? do u have pirated one now?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. fail

fail MDL Novice

Oct 25, 2009
    Pirated??? Oh My!
    No, it is still not activated installation.
    I need to convert it to be able to activate. You should install 7 Enterprise to be able to use MAK keys.

4. iNO12

iNO12 MDL Member

Jul 27, 2009
    Why not just download the enterprise iso and install it? Easier than spending time finding ways to convert it. :p

5. fail

fail MDL Novice

Oct 25, 2009
    Are you joking? This is the worst nightmare to lose a 3 months old environment.
    It took me 3 months to install and configure everything. There is no way I will do it all over again just to use a new key.

6. Bax!

Bax! MDL Member

Jul 29, 2009
    #7 Bax!, Oct 25, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2017
  7. Myrrh

Myrrh MDL Expert

Nov 26, 2008
    Nope, that won't work. Win7 Enterprise is a completely different animal unfortunately, not included in any of the standard ISOs and "upgrade" is never an install option, unless you're already running Vista Enterprise.

Mod your bios or install a software method of slic emulation and enjoy ultimate.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...