Hard Disk Partition

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Martini11, Sep 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Martini11

Martini11 Guest

2. Martini11

Martini11 Guest

#3 Martini11, Sep 3, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 3, 2010
    (OP)
    Thanks for your reply, and if I were offline and haven´t the partition master?
    How could i solve it then?
    Edit: solved it, Thanks :D
    But there´s one black square with size 1MB, how could i delete it?

3. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    Well the fact is you are not offline so download the software, or try searching google for answers to some of the basic questions you keep asking.

4. Martini11

Martini11 Guest

i just wanted to know when theres such a situation -.-

5. FreeStyler

FreeStyler MDL Guru

Jun 23, 2007
    These automaticly generated during Windows Setup, i suggest leaving them as they are or if you really need that space merge the with other partitions

6. Martini11

Martini11 Guest

Thanks again

7. Duartexas

Duartexas MDL Novice

May 27, 2010
    Since we are in the partition topic, (I've tried top find software and solution for it online but couldn't), does any one here knows how to create another partition on a USB stick under a 64 bit system?

Apparently there's some software but it won't work on my 64 bit system.

My USB stick got 16GB space and I really would like to create a nother partition but so far no luck.

Thanks

8. FreeStyler

FreeStyler MDL Guru

Jun 23, 2007
    Did you try EASEUS Partition Master posted above? Works fine on x64

9. alextheg

alextheg MDL Expert

Jan 7, 2009
    Partition Wizard is another good app worth a try. Works very well on my x64 :D

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  10. Duartexas

Duartexas MDL Novice

May 27, 2010
    Okay I've tried the Partition Wizard and yes it did work on my 64bit.
    However when I tried to create partition/s on my 16GB USB stick the whole process went well or apparently successful, but only my USB stick did shrink in space and none of the new partitions did show up.

Have a look at the following attached file of a screen shot and pay attention to Disk 2:

As you see the default partition G: still there but now smaller as expected, but the other 2 created partitions which were both E: and F: are recognized by the software but not on my computer or my USB stick. Also the letters E: and F: were given but when updating system as you see in the picture the letters disapear and I think that is the problem. But even if I try to attribute new letters it does accept but after updating the letters are gone and replaced by those small starts as shown in the image and I think that is why my USB stick does not show the partitions.
    Have tried to set them as active and primary, did try only 1 partitoin instead of 2 and nothing works.

Any ideas?
    Thanks

Attached Files:

11. Duartexas

Duartexas MDL Novice

May 27, 2010
    Hi:

I've tried that too but no luck. Actually it does not even show an update changes option but only "Flip Removal Bit" which I did bit it still being recognized on my PC as removable drive. Oh well it was worht the try :D