Hardware Virtualisation

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by simir, Feb 11, 2013.

1. simir

simir MDL Novice

Nov 17, 2009
    #1 simir, Feb 11, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2013
    Like this thread is called Hardware Virtualisation was not visible in a friends Toshiba a350 laptop running a 2GHz dual core cpu (Penryn). The Penryn Cpu does not support Hardware virtualisation. So what I did was to strip the Toshiba apart and replace the Cpu with a 2.4 Ghz Merom Cpu.

After putting the Toshiba back together and powering it up, there is the bios was Hardware Virtualisation to enable or disable.

So check your Cpu and make sure that it supports Hardware Virtualisation .
    The laptop now flies ...........

2. simir

simir MDL Novice

Nov 17, 2009
    I have been running this new CPU for a while with no issues, Today I switched the ram from Samsung 2x 2GB 600MHz to Hynix 2x 2GB 800Mhz and the laptop really flies with no issues.

3. simir

simir MDL Novice

Nov 17, 2009
    Update

Now been running this config for a while with no issues, if you try this you must be confident enough to strip your equipment apart to replace the cpu and then rebuild.

I do not get any overheating with this cpu- it works great - well worth the effort especially when your consider what is gained.

The next update will be a larger HDD.

4. simir

simir MDL Novice

Nov 17, 2009
    I recently checked the specs for both cpu's and I they both run at 800Mhz fsb so providing your bios supports the Merom and the 2.4Ghz you should not have any problems. i would be interested in testing a cpu running at 1066mhz fsb and faster ram. Ok battery life may drain quicker but I don't care too much.

5. Recursion

Recursion MDL Junior Member

Dec 26, 2012
    What is your video card? Is this the amd hd 3650? I don't have the same model but I have undervolt and overclock my vga bios.

6. simir

simir MDL Novice

Nov 17, 2009
    My graphics chip is the Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM 1.1)

7. Recursion

Recursion MDL Junior Member

Dec 26, 2012
    #7 Recursion, Mar 1, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2013
    Nice! But the discrete video card is better.

8. simir

simir MDL Novice

Nov 17, 2009
    When I open the laptop up there is just the empty space where the dedicated graphics card would attach to the motherboard. I just have to put up with whats in the machine.

9. simir

simir MDL Novice

Nov 17, 2009
    I reckon that providing the bios will accept it you should be able to put a T9300 in this laptop as it runs on an 800Mhz bus.