Has anyone tried this? (Anytime Upgrade)

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Dolorous Edd, Apr 25, 2010.

1. Dolorous Edd

Dolorous Edd MDL Expert

Aug 31, 2009
    Install windows starter or premium using a default key or slp key (do not activate).

Run down to walmart, buy the anytime upgrade key and install it/activate it.

I don't know if it will work but it should. Another option is install and "activate" with DAZ's loader, use the anytime upgrade, uninstall Daz's loader.

One of these options should get you activated pretty easily with a genuine key for less than an actual upgrade key and less hassle than the double install method of standard upgrade keys.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. ariefkusumo

ariefkusumo MDL Novice

Aug 28, 2009
    I've tested with Dell Laptop installed with Windows 7 Basic. I ran Anytime Upgrade, insert Windows 7 Ultimate Dell key from Daz, and voila.. it's activated.. Didn't even used Daz loader, just took the key..

3. bdearen

bdearen MDL Junior Member

Oct 3, 2009
    or screw wasting time download the .iso here and use daz loader.... I have an asus laptop that came with basic I found a professional key from this site put it in anytime upgrade and got professional activated passed WAT ect..

4. Dolorous Edd

Dolorous Edd MDL Expert

Aug 31, 2009
    I know it works with slp or pretty much any other key. What I want to know is if you can use an anytime upgrade key on a system that isn't activated.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Rosco

Rosco MDL Addicted

Oct 29, 2007
    No - we don't have Walmart.

6. FreeStyler

FreeStyler MDL Guru

Jun 23, 2007
    #6 FreeStyler, Apr 27, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2010
    That is way to far to run to.... and don't forget the little swim (Atlantic ocean) ;)

WOW, we don't have Walmart either

7. Dolorous Edd

Dolorous Edd MDL Expert

Aug 31, 2009
    Sorry to those across the pond, and please, don't feel like you are missing anything. You really don't want walmart moving into your town.