Hash not matching

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by jimmyRabid, Oct 25, 2009.

1. jimmyRabid

jimmyRabid MDL Novice

Oct 25, 2009
    #1 jimmyRabid, Oct 25, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2009
  2. Slacktoo

Slacktoo MDL Novice

Oct 25, 2009
    #2 Slacktoo, Oct 25, 2009
    The best advice here is probably pretty obvious advice. Just download the file again, as it may have been corrupted in some way during the transfer. It's a large file, the chance that corruption during transfer might occur is decent. But definitely do not use the file in any way if the HASH is not matching. If you download again and get the same result, it means the torrent file has likely been compromised and Opa will need to post a new link. I installed the 32-bit system without any HASH problems, but I can't speak personally for the 64 bit.

EDIT: I just noticed that you said "the hash I can see in uTorrent". Has the file even finished downloading? If so, checking the HASH does not involve uTorrent in any way, it only involves the actual file you have downloaded. Ensure to follow the HashCheck instructions carefully.

3. jimmyRabid

jimmyRabid MDL Novice

Oct 25, 2009
    Cheers mate. I think what I need to clear up is the hash number i can see in the utorrent window under the "general" tab is that the Hash number of the Iso or something different all together

edit: haha looks like we posting at the same time cool yea I'll do that with hashcheck thanks

4. Slacktoo

Slacktoo MDL Novice

Oct 25, 2009
    #4 Slacktoo, Oct 25, 2009
    Yeah, and just to be perfectly clear:

1. Once you install HashCheck, right-click on the finished ISO image that you've downloaded and hit Properties. You need to go to the actual file location (i.e. C:/downloads), you're not actually right clicking the file in uTorrent itself.
    2. Select the Checksums tab and wait until the HASH is calculated.
    2. Copy and past one of the HASHES released by Microsoft in the search field:

* Windows 7 RTM 64 bits:
    F43D22E4FB07BF617D573ACD8785C028
    326327CC2FF9F05379F5058C41BE6BC5E004BAA7

And if they don't match when you follow these exact instructions, the file is corrupt (remember to wait until the file is finished downloading if it isn't yet). You probably already know all this but I'm just making sure you understand the exact process.

5. jimmyRabid

jimmyRabid MDL Novice

Oct 25, 2009
    Thanks man:D

6. Slacktoo

Slacktoo MDL Novice

Oct 25, 2009
    :) NP mate, update me on the result. Has your torrent finished or is it still downloading? If it's still downloading, then that alone explains why your HASH was different... the file has to be completely downloaded first.

7. highspeedmac

highspeedmac MDL Member

Aug 31, 2009
    I can confrim that the Torrent is fine.. I downloaded it yesterday.. The hashes match...

8. oxyblue80

oxyblue80 MDL Novice

Aug 31, 2009
    yah that confused me too. its not the hash of the file.. i think its the hash of the actual torrent file.. that way if a tracker goes down the distributed hash table (DHT) can find people with the same torrent and keep seeds and peers goin

9. jimmyRabid

jimmyRabid MDL Novice

Oct 25, 2009
    Safe checked the hash, all is good, big ups and much respect to ya's all. Nice to see a good community here, all to often these types of forums are full of retards. Looks like I'll be sticking round:D

Oh the reason I down loaded this was I got that AIO version from mininova and have run into some bugs trying to install nvidia display drivers, I know its a known issue anyway with Win7 but least with this new iso I know its untouched

Cheers
    Jimmy

10. Slacktoo

Slacktoo MDL Novice

Oct 25, 2009
    Yeah when I first installed 7 Ultimate on my HP laptop, the NVIDIA driver wasn't loaded in automatically — instead it was just something generic. Aero wouldn't work with this setup, but I went online and quickly found the appropriate driver at NVIDIA's website. Downloaded, installed, adjusted the settings, and Aero works fine now and everything works properly. You shouldn't have any issues; if you do, let us know.

11. jimmyRabid

jimmyRabid MDL Novice

Oct 25, 2009
    Well actually this driver thing is really starting to do my head in. I spent good part of my day searching for fixes and trying different Nvidia drivers for 64bit etc all from their site of course. Looks like a stupid amount of people having a huge amount of trouble with Win7 64bit and Nvidia drivers.

With mine it looks like the drivers installed I just can't get the nvidia control panel to install, I want this to re size my desktop when using my 42" LCD TV. I can't remember exactly what it says at the mo but I've pretty much exhausted my efforts of what I know.

One other thing this Win7 I have running has shut down twice by itself. Now I missed both times as I was out of the room but after the second time on start up I got a box telling me of the unexpected shut I checked the details and it said something like Reason:Blue screen. Haven't a clue what would be causing that.I built this rig myself as my music production computer so pretty confident in build of it.

Its just annoying these problems start making you doubt your ability's lol oh the trials and tribulations of using cracked software haha:D