have a question

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by Cesium137, May 15, 2009.

1. Cesium137

Cesium137 MDL Novice

May 15, 2009
    has ANYONE figured out how to use the built in partitioning tool in vista 64? no matter what i have tried nothign works i get a window that say "logical disk management -access denied"

driving me insane

2. HMonk

HMonk MDL Addicted

Nov 3, 2008
    #2 HMonk, May 15, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2017
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Cesium137

Cesium137 MDL Novice

May 15, 2009
    heh

google is useless in this case the same "fix" posted in vaious spots or the useless suggestion to use gparted

4. 911medic

911medic MDL Guru

Aug 13, 2008
    Acronis products for Windows environment..

GParted is a fabulous tool. If you know how to use it...I see it as far from useless...:p

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. HMonk

HMonk MDL Addicted

Nov 3, 2008
    Misunderstood??

After reading 911medic's post the thought occurs to me that I might have misunderstood your initial post, i.e., I thought you were interested in learning how to use Vista's built-in tool.

911medic is spot on if you want a non-MS app. Specifically, Acronis Disk Director Suite will safely partition a disk in any way you wish. As he mentioned GParted is also an excellent open source (free) app that you can find at Sourceforge.

I cannot imagine what keywords you may have Googled such that you received useless info. Albeit technically oriented, one hit would certainly be the MSDN Library.

Final thought: NEVER use Partition Magic! :eek:

Monk