have all oem slp win 7 keys been blocked now?

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by mastershake, Dec 9, 2015.

1. mastershake

mastershake MDL Member

Aug 1, 2012
    tested on windows 10 1155 as well as the prior rtm release and it says the keys have been blocked. i tried a number of them. this machine came with windows 7 x64 home premium but the tag on the bottom has been mostly worn / torn away so i no longer have the dell lic key. windows 7 was fully activated and passed genuine test then when installing windows 10 (either build) it does work, with the 1155 i get the key is not digitally entitled and with the older rtm i get the key has been blocked. i tried with both dell keys as well as a few others.

any ideas?

2. bromanbro

bromanbro MDL Member

Sep 30, 2012
    MS ARE NOT going to block 7 OEM SLC(SLP?) keys, as the majority of upgrades are coming from machines utilizing them.

Are you sure that you're installing a Dell OEM Win7 with the edition that you purchased (Home Premium probably), then upgrading to Windows 10 Home (you cannot go from 7 HP>10 Pro)?

3. mastershake

mastershake MDL Member

Aug 1, 2012
    100% sure have done this many times in the past on the older rtm of windows 10. so far i have 4 machines now in front of me that i had win 7 installed one and then did the upgrade (because using the gather trick did not work either) and even after the upgrade it says the keys are blocked. if i try with 1155 it says the lic is not digitally entitled.

4. not_a_user

not_a_user MDL Novice

Mar 31, 2015
    Get a W7 Pro OEM KEY from the internet
    install xrm-ms Cert matching your SLIC
    Activate
    Upgrade From Windows 7 ( with the tool)
    Reinstall Windows 10
    Profit

5. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    #7 Enthousiast, Dec 9, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2015
    Only 7 OEM:NON SLP or retail key should work.

What you can do is create a clean 7 premium msdn iso and implement the Multi OEM Project (maintained by the guardian), that install should be genuinly activated by the slic2.1 bioskey. Validate the activation @ MS to be sure. Now do the upgrade.

Edited.

6. mastershake

mastershake MDL Member

Aug 1, 2012
    i only have oem slp keys because the one on the bottom is torn off. ill try again to activate that way i validated the win 7 install with ie before doing any of these upgrades. and every time the win 7 passed genuine status.

7. sebus

sebus MDL Guru

Jul 23, 2008
    Not such issue, recently for fun installed Win 7 on Optiplex 380, did not bother with any drivers apart from network, OEM key (not the one from sticker)+certificate, upgraded straight after to W10 1511, 20 min later fully activated.
    Reinstalled W10 fresh, instantly activated

You must be doing something not right

sebus

8. mastershake

mastershake MDL Member

Aug 1, 2012
    i hate to say it but i honestly think it was something on microsofts end. i came home did exactly as i did yesterday and they both are activated now. no issues at all. not sure exactly why as i said i have updated many systems to win 10 this way with no issues at all.