Hazar passes viruses??? - Repacked on another site

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Raijen, Mar 27, 2010.

1. Raijen

Raijen MDL Novice

Mar 21, 2010
    #1 Raijen, Mar 27, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2010
    Hey all:

Found this on the hot zone – org, today – I scanned the program, that’s always clean by us, and this is what “Joe Dirt” did to it and is currently passing it out in Hazar’s – and MDL’s – name: Direct quote from the page:

THE HOT ZONE (DOT ORG):
    By Joe Dirt

Header/title

Sticky: Windows 7 Loader Activator RemoveWAT 2.2 KB971033
    joedirt

BODY:
    Windows 7 Loader Activator RemoveWAT 2.2 KB971033

~Result from Joe Dirt’s Version: he’s handing out a new version of RemoveWAT in Hazar’s name: it just happens to have: Trojan.Win32.VBKrypt (Ikarus) – found by at least 20 anti-virus Programs –

Threat aliases for Trojan.Win32.VBKrypt:
    Alias
    Detected by
    Trojan Horse Symantec
    Generic.dx!gkj McAfee+Artemis
    Generic.dx!gkj McAfee
    Heuristic.LooksLike.Trojan.Click.L McAfee-GW-Edition
    Generic15.ALHO AVG
    TROJ_VB.JPU TrendMicro
    Trojan.Win32.VBKrypt.ay Kaspersky
    Trojan.Generic PCTools
    a variant of Win32/TrojanClicker.VB.NLC NOD32
    Trj/CI.A Panda
    Trojan.Winlock.419 DrWeb
    Trojan.VBKrypt.ay CAT-QuickHeal
    Trojan.VBKrypt.CE VirusBuster
    UnclassifiedMalware Comodo
    Mal/Generic-D Sophos
    Win32:Malware-gen GData
    Trojan.Win32.VBKrypt!IK a-squared
    W32/VBKrypt.AY!tr Fortinet
    Win32.TrojanClicker eSafe
    TR/VBKrypt.AY.13 AntiVir
    High Risk Rootkit Prevx
    Trojan/W32.Agent.61440.QY nProtect
    Trojan/Win32.VBKrypt.gen Antiy-AVL
    Trojan.Win32.Malware.1 K7AntiVirus
    Win32:Malware-gen Avast

(Point: Hazar now looks like he’s putting viruses in his programs thanks to Joe Dirt[Who puts viruses in all his programs!])

RemoveWAT 2.2.5
    Update on : 26 Feb 2010
    Works ON ALL Editions OF 7/R2!
    NOT FOR VISTA/ORIGINAL SERVER 2008!!!!

IMPROVEMENTS SINCE 1.0:

- renames slmgr on x64 as well
    - Works on unicode systems
    - silent mode with /s switch
    - UI tweaked slightly
    - No reboot necessary
    - Passes WGA on X64

This is a little tool I put together to remove WAT (Windows Activation Technologies) completely from the OS, whilst still retaining genuine status and receiving all updates (optional as well). You can also pass the genuine check in things like Windows Defender.

There will be no windows activation section in control panel (thanks to nononsence)
    no slmgr
    no nags, no prompts, nothing. WAT gone. .
    In theory this should have a 100% success rate on all machines.

- Hazar

2.2.5 out, fully protects from WAT and also disables trial time bomb in evaluation ISOs fully
    KB971033 - the fix for Windows Activation Technology bypass/cracks.
    The best thing to do is not to download the KB971033 update.
    But if u already updated it and the system said that it is not genuine,
    Just run the removeWAT, and it will return back to normal. “”””””””””””

~Just thought I’d pass this on, cuz it looks really bad for Hazar, in particular, and MDL, in general. He even made it a Sticky - second one down on this page: http://thehotzone.org/forumdisplay.php?f=49 - maybe it's just me, but I think it's BS.

Raijen :sniper:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. alextheg

alextheg MDL Expert

Jan 7, 2009
    Well ive visited that site and taken a look at this. Its outrageous to say the least. Joe Dirt, who is the administrator for that site is clearly passing Hazar's work as his own. Disgusting behaviour. Theft of someone else's concepts is not acceptable.

Im sure though that anyone with any sense will realise that this re-hashed version of "Remove WAT", which i can confirm DOES contain viruses is ABSOLUTELY unrelated to Hazar.

The annoying thing is that i tried to register at that particular site so that i could expreess some much deserved anger in the direction of Joe Dirt.......... Gues what ? Mr. Joe Dirt, administrator forThe Hot Zone has closed registrations so nobody is able to post :mad::mad::mad:

Joe Dirt........ Shame on you !:evil2:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. ennio

ennio Guest

The only way your are getting a virus from Hazar is when he got a flu and you are near him. Clearly, Hazar has nothing to do with this Dirty Joe.

4. secr9tos

secr9tos MDL Addicted

Jul 28, 2009
    Nobody here at mdl would pack a virus in an activator.

5. gamepoint

gamepoint MDL Senior Member

Jan 4, 2010
    #5 gamepoint, Apr 2, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 3, 2010
    disgusting joe dirt

EDIT by ancestor(v):
    The last word wasn't necessary...

6. ancestor(v)

ancestor(v) Admin
    Staff Member

Jun 26, 2007
    I sticked this thread.

I know that there are sometimes false-positives reported by some antivirus software - but they ARE false-positive. There never has been any malicious code in MDL products.

Who doesn't trust the work of the MDL staff doesn't have to use it - but what JoeDirt is doing is just totally wrong. Unfortunately there isn't much to be done about I'm afraid. The only thing to is to keep up the good work and the quality so that people that come to MDL know they get the right thing - it's like saying "Made in [Country]" and you kind of know about the quality of the product once you read this ;)

7. Hazar

Hazar MDL Guru

Jul 29, 2009
    Sorry, but I edited the title to make it a bit more apparent that it's not me doing this stuff :p

8. gamepoint

gamepoint MDL Senior Member

Jan 4, 2010
    i know nobody will pack a virus here..thanx hazar

9. Dolorous Edd

Dolorous Edd MDL Expert

Aug 31, 2009
    Always verify the hash, but that won't stop some poor slob from downloading the "dirty" version off a torent site and mistakenly blame Hazar.

10. sam3971

sam3971 MDL Guru

Nov 14, 2008
    You may actually be suprised what ppl do on warez sites dude! I have seen Hazar's loader, removeWAT, and Daz's loader all on various sites and the OP does not state who created it at all and it appears like they did themselves instead of Hazar. Now, I posted info on how to make bios mods on another site but I always source my links and state who created/distributed everything I post. That how it should be done but most ppl don't do it that way.