Hazar's Loader released as V.2 with a virus crap in WZOR..

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by pkaji123, Apr 1, 2010.

1. pkaji123

pkaji123 MDL Addicted

Aug 22, 2009
    #1 pkaji123, Apr 1, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
  2. gamepoint

gamepoint MDL Senior Member

Jan 4, 2010
    w0w..wzor would do such things?

3. pkaji123

pkaji123 MDL Addicted

Aug 22, 2009
    It may be a mistake..
    I think this is what used in BIE releases..
    Who Knows???

4. sam3971

sam3971 MDL Guru

Nov 14, 2008
    #4 sam3971, Apr 1, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2010
    kinda ironically there has also been a bunch of Hazar 7loader's from 1.1 to 1.5r2 floating around that looks legit but was packed with a virus as well. I would not have known this if it was not for KIS 2010 though. It kept saying some virus. I was like "ok it is probably a false possitive" but just to make sure I disabled KIS and downloaded it once more. I then used program called Universal Extractor. I ran that on the download and what do you know? Another file that KIS was flagging. Now that I think about it I believe it was also named 2.exe or something like that. Basically you had both the loader and another mystery file inside the extracted directory. Once KIS was enabled it killed the file that was not the loader in that directory. My advise to all that when you ever download something from a 3rd party host always either have a good AV like Kaspersky or download and install Universal Extractor. Attempt to run that on the downloaded folder and if it can extract anything see what comes out of it before you run the file to prevent potential hell that might be packed inside. Kinda funny because this is basically a s**tty packing job on the hackers part lol

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Smorgan

Smorgan Glitcher

Mar 25, 2010
    Well this just blows I guess there is a reason why I can scan everything I download...
    All I can say is that I hope they taken down the link sometime soon...
    Cause some time I'm gonna forget to scan it with bit defender...

6. sam3971

sam3971 MDL Guru

Nov 14, 2008
    Doesn't BitDefender scan downloads right before they are complete or do you have to run it manually? I know KIS does it automatically, same thing goes with ESET. If Bitdefender does not do that then I would upgrade to another AV or IS program.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. Smorgan

Smorgan Glitcher

Mar 25, 2010
    Yea it doesn't scan it auto matically come to think of it I never checked lol but yea I use it cause its a kind of all in wonder thing it has everything known to man I might get rid of it though cause of the pathetic laptop its on.....hint it only has a 2.30 GHZ cpu with 4 GB of ram....I think the deal with bitdefender is that it does a auto scan to detect anything....but doesn't matter I wanna a faster machine and typically I'm good with viruses so I might get rid of the software and opt for a lighter one...

8. Hazar

Hazar MDL Guru

Jul 29, 2009
    As I've said guys, stay away from the "scene". Filled with downright noobs who don't want anything other than credit, not to mention the whole thing is pretty shady. Here at MDL we're a technically orientated forum where people know what they are doing.

9. timesurfer

timesurfer MDL Developer

Nov 22, 2009
    "Only has a 2.30 GHZ cpu with 4 GB of ram"...lol I wish I had that much cpu and ram...lol

And I think Avira is great. The free one is awesome.

10. Smorgan

Smorgan Glitcher

Mar 25, 2010
    True true its a decent machine but I'm a gamer and I have a copy of Supreme Commander so I'm kinda hatting it lol....
    As to virus scanners I already have a good outline of what I can get which is....
    Prob going to be AVG or something I look up in Maximum PC mmmm TPB is looking better....

11. Hazar

Hazar MDL Guru

Jul 29, 2009
    lol 6GB of ram here and a 4.3GHZ quad core. I'm a gamer too lol (I encode video and so on)

Avast works for me

12. Smorgan

Smorgan Glitcher

Mar 25, 2010
    I like it how this thread turned into a gaming thing yea....
    I also have a gaming rig which is 3.4 GHZ quad core with 6 GB of ram....
    I'm starting to tinker with video encoding but yea I need some software to convert mkv to H264....

mmmm I'm thinkin AVG....

13. X-Ray

X-Ray MDL Novice

Aug 22, 2009
    Back on track now. The download from WZOR site does not have a virus in it's Zip file. The loader is an old one but I don't think they would pass on a problem. They may be behined the times and most likely a victim of an ahole trying to discredit them.

14. Smorgan

Smorgan Glitcher

Mar 25, 2010
    Well Time to get back on track lol....
    Yea it happens to everyone eventually I'm just hopin I don't have to deal with this crud when the Office 2010 is eventually leaked....

15. sam3971

sam3971 MDL Guru

Nov 14, 2008
    Just do what I said to, download and install universal extractor and run it on the downloads. If it can extract anything there is a potential clue right there that it is a bad file but also inspect the extracted folder to see what the outputs are. Do all this before you run the patch to ensure that everything is ok first. That is how I caught the virus in Hazar's loader awhile back.

16. Smorgan

Smorgan Glitcher

Mar 25, 2010
    Universal Extractor is a lovely program however you can get the same overall effect with 7 zip thats what I use I might go back to Universal Extractor but I'm fine with what I'm using right now....And by no means am I dissing Universal cause I have used it in the past....