Hello...and...Ignore this thread

Discussion in 'Introduction' started by Pig Vomit, Feb 18, 2011.

1. Pig Vomit

Pig Vomit MDL Novice

Dec 25, 2010
    But for those of you who chose not to ignore this and actually opened it....

Been coming to My Digital Life for years....great source of information.

I've been forced to make 5 posts.....not 4.....not 3.....but 5 posts. See, I found a solution to defeating HP's wifi whitelist in another thread. I have some specific questions I need to PM to someone who used the same modded BIOS that I would like to use, but the board won't allow me to PM someone unless I have 5 posts. So here I am. Posting useless posts just to get my count up. So ignore this thread.

But if you're still reading....

I've got an HP dv9700t laptop that came with an Intel 4965AGN wifi card. Overall it's been a great laptop, except for the typical HP motherboard fail a few days after going out of warranty. But...I've had ongoing problems with the wifi shutting down at times of high transfer rates (torrents, high rate file downloads, Usenet). This happens on different wireless router / cable modem combos, so can't blame it on D-Link, Netgear, Linksys, Cisco, Motorola, etc. I've read that the Intel 4965AGN tended to overheat at prolonged high transfer rates, resulting in the shutdown, for which the only way to get it going again was a full reboot. This is the problem I've been having. I replaced the card, only to have the same problem. I'm ready to try the modded BIOS, but I want to touch base with someone who has used the BIOS with a new card to see if that helped things.

So....enough of my prattling on....I told you that you shouldn't read this. :)

2. Pig Vomit

Pig Vomit MDL Novice

Dec 25, 2010
    This is post #2.

3. Pig Vomit

Pig Vomit MDL Novice

Dec 25, 2010
    This is Post #3

4. Pig Vomit

Pig Vomit MDL Novice

Dec 25, 2010
    This is Post #4

5. Pig Vomit

Pig Vomit MDL Novice

Dec 25, 2010
    This is Post #5.

Stop reading this.....

6. Myrrh

Myrrh MDL Expert

Nov 26, 2008
    :welcome2: Pig Vomit!

I enjoyed reading this.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. R29k

R29k MDL GLaDOS

Feb 13, 2011
    I didn't read it honest :D you should get an award for funniest post ever.

8. Visor1

Visor1 MDL Novice

Nov 13, 2010
    The suspense is killing me. What's post #6 gonna say?

9. Myrrh

Myrrh MDL Expert

Nov 26, 2008
    You know, with the title of this thread, it has the potential of being one of those that just keeps on going forever, simply because the OP didn't want it to.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  10. dabits

dabits Guest

You could be right about that :coffee:

11. Eliseo

Eliseo MDL Novice

Feb 9, 2011
    #11 Eliseo, Feb 19, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2011
    Yeah I didn't read this post too... lol'sss.... And I really enjoyed this post...

So, when you are going to die??? lol'sss... Well. This post is really funniest... and I liked it a lot...
    Waiting for the six post....