Hello :) ASUS M2N4-SLI is voltage modable ?

Discussion in 'Windows XP / Older OS' started by FootballFan, Nov 23, 2007.

1. FootballFan

FootballFan MDL Novice

Nov 23, 2007
    Frist sorry for my not so good english :) My motherboard is ASUS M2N4-SLI and the problem is that i cant rise voltages in bios more than 1.350v(for vcore) and more than 1.95(for ddr voltage). I have the latest bios from official asus site and i just want to know is it possible to edit bios to have higher that this voltages options or maybe someone already did it and can share with me ? THX FOR ALL REPLIES !!!

2. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    #2 Yen, Nov 23, 2007
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2007
    Hi,
    I had a look at the bios version 1202!

DDR voltage to choose is: 1.80 to 1.95 volt. What voltage do you need? I could try to replace an existing value.

CPU: It shows that the highest selectable voltage is 1.550v!
    It's limited to 1.350v? There must be a limit somewhere, maybe it depends on what CPU you use. What voltage do you need here ? I'll have a look at it later on again...

Yen

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. FootballFan

FootballFan MDL Novice

Nov 23, 2007
    Yen thanks for reply !
    I use bios you wrote about 1202, as for the ram voltage i could use something like 2.1v maybe more ? My cpu is Athlon 64 3500(Orleans) in its specification is said that it can tak 1.40v and i think this value should give me some OC possiblities

4. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    Well, I don't know why the voltage is limited to 1.350v. Modbin shows me that all voltages up to 1.550 are selectable!
    I could try to edit the 1.350v value to 1.400v to see what is going on.

Are you able to recover the bios in case your PC won't boot anymore?
    Something like a hotflash? You know that it could result to a bricked board?
    If you want to try a mod I'll do one this weekend. Just tell me what you want to do.

Yen

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. FootballFan

FootballFan MDL Novice

Nov 23, 2007
    to be honest i never was forced to recover bios, if you mod bios for me i certainly will try it but little help in preparations for recovery would be apriciated, i mean i dont know how to recover bios :) As i said i`d like to have choice in my bios up to maybe 1.450v for core and 2.2v for ddr2 voltage

6. FootballFan

FootballFan MDL Novice

Nov 23, 2007
    Update, I`ve just read what hotflash is :) And think Im not able to do this in case of modded bios failure, so if theres no software way to save motherboard after something goes wrong I won`t take your time Yen and i will pass :(

7. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    O.K.
    I wanted to tell you about that risk. A bios is a special 'thing'. Not like to patch a game or something like that. The bios code is needed to start up all the hardware. One wrong call of code and you need to reprogram the bios chip.

This should all keep in mind before, and after that decide for a mod. I don't want to get you into trouble because of missing to tell to you that fact.

Have a good time.

Yen

8. FootballFan

FootballFan MDL Novice

Nov 23, 2007
    thanks for you time, I really appriciate your help. I hope to soon have oportunity to buy new "OC friendly" motherboard cpu and power supply

9. popej

popej MDL Novice

Nov 29, 2007
    This is a coincendence. I have precisely the same motherboard and precisely the same problem.

I've just purchased an Athlon X2 5000+ 'Black Edition' which is designed for overclocking with its unlocked CPU modifier. Problem is I have this same board and same VCore lock.

I've managed to get my processor running at 3.0GHz my changing the modifer to 15x from the stock 13x. I know from having read other articles that my setup is easily capable of 16x maybe even 16.5x. I'm idling at 19 degrees celsius so I have room to increase the CPU voltage. Problem is you can't with this BIOS. :/

I'm new to this and don't really understand the risk with modding my BIOS to unlock the VCore changer. Could anyone explain?

Thanks.