Hello fellow sysadmins!

Discussion in 'Introduction' started by lulzeng, Apr 30, 2020.

1. lulzeng

lulzeng MDL Novice

Apr 30, 2020
    Hello guys and gals!

I stumbled across this forum via my incessant boredom while pending an installation of an old SBS migration from (P2V). I just wanted to introduce myself and see what kind of community this is.

About me: I used to work for a global ISP doing netadmin stuff before falling in <3 with Operating Systems (first Windows Server, soon Linux, couple a years before my current adoration of the BSD's) and have since decided to learn as much about them as possible. I'm not a developer but more of a hobbyist as I constantly change my O/S (presently on 10 1909, but in the past couple of months ran Ubuntu, Slackware, Catalina, and most recently Manjaro Architect)

I guess I'm a bit stumped. Is this more of a "let's all help one another" kind of form or is there more of a structural/organizational vibe kinda thing?

Anyways,

Cheers
    -D

2. Michaela Joy

Michaela Joy MDL Crazy Lady

Jul 26, 2012
    This is more of a "Make as many friends as you possible can" forum.

We have a 'NIX section and we just try to be as helpful as we can. :)

With that said, Welcome to MDL.

:welcome2:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. lulzeng

lulzeng MDL Novice

Apr 30, 2020
    Awesome! Pleasure to meet ya ;)

4. nodnar

nodnar MDL Expert

Oct 15, 2011
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...