Hello from Belgium . . . a strange country for many!!

Discussion in 'Introduction' started by chrisdeco, Feb 13, 2010.

1. chrisdeco

chrisdeco MDL Novice

Dec 5, 2009
    Hello everebody!

I'm an amateurradio since many many many years. I'm 58 y o and my job consists to apply securities for railways trafic (computer based). I know my english is bad and I'm better in french but I think you'll understand me anyway!

My other hobby is elctronic (of course!).

Christian

2. secr9tos

secr9tos MDL Addicted

Jul 28, 2009
    welcome to mdl chris

3. pkaji123

pkaji123 MDL Addicted

Aug 22, 2009
    A Hearty Welcome to mDL...

4. ancestor(v)

ancestor(v) Admin
    Staff Member

Jun 26, 2007
    Welcome here!

Never mind about your english, there aren't too many native speakers here ;)

I've been a CB radio user for a few years...but the number of CB users here decreased until...well :rolleyes:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Yurbuh Tuggly

Yurbuh Tuggly MDL Member

Jul 26, 2009
    Your English is fine.
    Now MY Flemish, Dutch, French, or German........pitiful to non-existent.

6. genuine555

genuine555 MDL Expert

Oct 3, 2009
    Welcome at MDL, fellow Dutchman !
    I'll speak to you in any language you want, dude,

cause I know english...
    Je parle français un petit peux...
    Ik spreek nederlands, hetgene ook mijn moedertaal is ;)
    ich spreche deutsch ein bisschen...
    Ablo espanõl (yo soy espanõl)...
    Parla italiano...

Je zegt het maar :) (whatever you say / c'est que vous voulez)

ps: België is niet raar, ik ben er gewoon niet graag. Elke kans die ik krijg vertrek ik zolang ik kan naar aangenamere oorden ;)
    Belgium isn't strange, I just don't like being there. Every chance I get, I'm searching for better places for as long as I can ;)

7. SCBrigth

SCBrigth MDL Senior Member

May 9, 2009
    Welcome to MDL!

Why do you declare Belgium is a strange country? It is a Beautiful country, beside the fact that I am Brazilian, I know Belgium and like it!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. genuine555

genuine555 MDL Expert

Oct 3, 2009
    That's only cause you don't have to live there. Come live here for a few years. You'll be running back to brasil ;)

9. acyuta

acyuta MDL Expert

Mar 8, 2010
    Belgium is definitely not a strange country for people who know about diamonds, and specifically Antwerp, the capital of the world diamond trade. Also, other things that come to mind: Flemish-Walloonia and the language wars, EU headquarters, Hercule Poirot, and of course that phrase `If it is Tuesday, it must be Belgium' or something like that. From history, of course the Belgian leadership in the late 19th century to carve up Africa amongst the then imperial European powers.