Hello, I want to learn English. What are the best sources?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by YOUSSEF EL YOUSY, Mar 4, 2023.

?

1. Hello, I want to learn English. What are the best sources?

3 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. Hello, I want to learn English. What are the best sources?

2 vote(s)
    66.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. YOUSSEF EL YOUSY

YOUSSEF EL YOUSY MDL Novice

Mar 4, 2023

2. chillgates

chillgates MDL Senior Member

Dec 15, 2010
    Duo lingo on mobile, Rosetta stone on windows.

3. verndog

verndog MDL Member

May 3, 2010
    Your pole is a bit odd. Repetitive.
    Audio disks seems to be a place to start learning English.

4. case-sensitive

case-sensitive MDL Expert

Nov 7, 2013
    If you want translations this is the best i've found so far ---- > https://www.deepl.com/translator

The best place and way to learn english is .......... england ............ just go there and do it :) ............ when our survival depends on learning we learn better and faster :)

5. YOUSSEF EL YOUSY

YOUSSEF EL YOUSY MDL Novice

Mar 4, 2023
    Is there a volunteer that can dedicate an hour of his time a day and teach me English?

6. LiteOS

LiteOS Windowizer

Mar 7, 2014
    TV shows u like with subs

7. 55Percent

55Percent MDL Junior Member

Mar 12, 2023
    There are some YouTube video posts that are dated such that they do not have advertisements that bother you when watching them, if the commercials are a bother to you. One of those is the show "What's My Line" and that one is very good because it covers such a range of topics and styles of speech that you get a broader language parameter. Plus those famous names and presentations by the famous ones can allow you to do some studying of those individuals in their other roles in life, many in the acting business based in Hollywood or New York City or London.

As I think has been noted already, the ability to read the sub-text in a given language on a number of video platforms, such as YouTube, are very good for initial studying. But also the sub-text in English itself, as you watch the video, can be helpful. But switch back and forth. Learn to understand without the English sub-text.

It is also true, as noted above by another community member, that simply going to an English-speaking culture/nation is an excellent way to become proficient, but you may not have the financial resources to do that.

And I am afraid this post is not suited to an ESL student, so I apologize for that. You may need help to understand the first paragraph.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...