Hello to MDL!

Discussion in 'Introduction' started by TheKawaiiPug, Jun 20, 2016.

1. TheKawaiiPug

TheKawaiiPug MDL Novice

Jun 20, 2016
    Hello!

My name is Jamie White, I'm female, living in southeast England who is also the owner of the 101Gamers community website, which needs little explanation as to what it is about.

I am interested mostly in computers and technology, especially surrounding Windows XP/Vista, forums, programming and web hosting, and started to use a computer at the age of 6, running Windows XP, and continue to use OS X and XP to this day (the latter in a virtual machine). My favourite browser is Firefox or any Gecko-based web browser, although I tend to use Safari on OS X, because of its integration with the OS.

I am also interested, to some extent, video games. My favourite game is Donkey Kong Country and I prefer platformers, racers, fighting games and casual FPS play, although I'm open to try some other genres, too. I lean specifically towards Nintendo and Sony, although don't keep up with modern releases as such anymore.

Other interests of mine in media are art, music and cosplay, I just love creativity. The main music genres I listen to are hard rock, 80s pop and video game music, not in that order though. I also have a close internet friend with a cosplayer who shares similar interests in technology with me.

My favourite films are Terminator 2 and Snatch, both brilliant films with good storylines, the latter has a lot more humour but I like the themes of T2. My favourite TV series is good ol' Only Fools and Horses, a classic in terms of comedy and so funny to watch, it never gets old!

In my spare time I use the computer almost exclusively, sometimes I have a game of snooker which is casual. I don't really care for sports, and don't see the entire hype of football, people like doctors and the military - people who have done things for the people of nations - should get the money, not people paid to kick a ball around and get fame for no reason.

This should give you a good introduction to me. If you want to contact me, send me a PM or message me somewhere if you can reach me, ask me any questions or just talk to me how you like!

2. Michaela Joy

Michaela Joy MDL Crazy Lady

Jul 26, 2012
    Welcome to MDL. :)

MDL is a great place for making friends. To the best of my recollection, there's a little less than a baker's dozen of Female members here.

And a woman into tech. I like seeing that. :)

(You go girl! )

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. andy.tay70

andy.tay70 MDL Junior Member

Dec 15, 2013
    Welcome to MDL from the east midlands (Nottingham!!)Hope you like it here.

4. TheKawaiiPug

TheKawaiiPug MDL Novice

Jun 20, 2016
    @MrMagic I post the same intro everywhere because I can't be bothered to write a new intro.

Hi!

5. TheKawaiiPug

TheKawaiiPug MDL Novice

Jun 20, 2016
    Coming out after 6 months

So, I suppose I'm going to finally and officially state here about the fact that clarifies why I display as a female everywhere for some reason not everyone remembers.
    Well, I want to transition to female within probably 6-12 months if I can.
    It's been a pondering thought for the last 6 months, so I have definitely given it a lot of time to think over it, rather than it just suddenly being a recent thing I picked up, and it wasn't picked up. I really started to doubt whether I wanted to remain male anymore in January and it kind of built up, especially as I started to figure out my personality.
    First thing I thought I had 2 minds or something like that, then it gradually came to me, how I actually felt, so I didn't know at first. I didn't exactly have a reason other than the general 'I feel unhappy about being male' response most people give, and this is the truth.
    Originally I told Moroncrafter and a couple of others. Everyone I know IRL is against transgender people, apart from the people on these boards, especially this board in particular, which is really accepting of 'different' people. I mean, how is one classified as 'different', may I ask? Because they have a different sexuality? Because they run a really good board? Mental condition? Race? What!! It seems silly to even have this in this world. That's the true point of this board was also realised at that point: the board really is just another gaming site but one that isn't so idiotic towards people and are actually mature (unlike IGN).
    I've even spoke to quite a few transgirls through private messages on GBAtemp, notably the user hayhayhay who was really friendly and generally a good person. Oh and quite a few other users here feel the same as me.
    While there might be more reasons the most prominent one is that I don't feel happy as a male, but also because I feel ridiculously insecure and can't come out about anything, I tend to keep everything a secret because I feel embarrassed being male and wanting/doing something (even wanting to start watching anime is out of the question... one person does in our school and gets the complete mick taken out of him - not in our year group though). So theres a lot of things I don't want to do because the public find out too easily and I get mocked.
    I couldn't care less though if I was mocked for being transgender. It'd just prove to everyone how bigoted and idiotic they really are, in fact. I'd feel a lot stronger though, because being mocked for having feminine or weird interests would be eradicated.
    Yes, it costs quite a lot to have it done. Of course not everything needs to be done, either, straight away. Some people might dab me as Inferior or Undesirable at the start but it's my decision. I don't want to wait until I'm 18, mess something up with my income, and then lose any chance. I'd even probably want to get a proper job etc. so I could also put money into it but that's sadly not possible.

Thanks and also leave a reply.
    (reposted from 101gamers and gbatemp there's also replies to it there, same title btw, only difference is I censored it near the end on here)

6. hoselottrich

hoselottrich MDL Novice

Dec 17, 2015
    Welcome here :)