Hello

Discussion in 'Introduction' started by Googolplex, Aug 19, 2014.

1. Googolplex

Googolplex MDL Junior Member

Aug 17, 2014
    Hello everyone,

My name is Mathijs and I love getting to know every little thing that has something to do with computers. A year ago I've build my first desktop computer (after having sold my iMac) and since then it's gotten from bad to worse so to speak. I'm a huge Windows fan and I love to tweak every little thing that I think should be different. I've gotten some great stuff from here and some of it inspired me to make my own stuff.

Take care ! :bye1:

2. Mr.X

Mr.X MDL Guru

Jul 14, 2013
    Welcome to the best computer forums and hopefully you are a big Carl Sagan fan like me :D Just guessing from your nick googolplex (coined by Edward Kasner's nine-year-old nephew Milton Sirotta).

3. Googolplex

Googolplex MDL Junior Member

Aug 17, 2014
    #3 Googolplex, Aug 19, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2014
    (OP)
    I didn't know that googolplex and Carl Sagan had anything to do with each other, but after some googoling I indeed findnd that he talked about it. But I have to disappoint you (a little bit).. I have never seen the original Cosmos by Carl Sagan... I have however seen Cosmos presented by Neil deGrasse Tyson and I really liked that series! Have you seen the original Cosmos (and/or the new series by Neil)? Oh and I have also seen the movie Contact based on the novel by Carl Sagan, that must be one of the memorable movies I have ever seen in my life. I saw it when I was about 11 years old and I could not remember the name of the movie but it was never out of my memory, I could exactly remember how the movie went (3D blueprint and what not). So I went on 4chan and I typed everything that I could remember about the film and someone reminded me of the name of it, Contact. He also noted me about a scene that for the time of filming is very well done (1997). If you search YouTube for "Contact, tricky mirror scene" you'll see what I mean!

4. Mr.X

Mr.X MDL Guru

Jul 14, 2013
    Oh, to have a better picture of both of them Carl and Neil, read about the relationship among them and you'll see. I saw the movie Contact and was amazing and beautiful. According your info then you are quite young, that's why you likely don't know about Sagan, hehe, but I recommend all his books and his jewel the TV series Cosmos, for me way better than deGrasse's show.:)

5. Tseki

Tseki Guest

Welcome to the forum. I'm also a new member here :)