Hello.

Discussion in 'Introduction' started by FatLarry, Jun 19, 2018.

1. FatLarry

FatLarry MDL Novice

Jun 15, 2018
    I have recently joined this site and would like to say hello.
    Approaching middle age and starting a new voyage of discovery. I want to learn and to be eventually able to help.
    At the moment I have one big question to anyone who can help with advice and guidance.
    I am looking to purchase a new desktop/tower set-up with a possible NAS storage solution.

My personal requirements:
    Windows OS. (but I hope to go the Linux route in the future) - No Apples here, please.
    Currently Windows 7.
    Non-gaming set-up, sorry if this offends.
    Mainly for, Archiving, Music, Films, Photos and TV. compulsory Journal keeping.
    Streaming & P2P - Storing exclusively Flac/@320 & HD & CD quality.

SSD ram for OS placement.
    Required CPU's, Graphic & Video cards.
    Also 2/3 TB or more of internal memory storage.
    Best Monitor, keyboard and mouse.
    Good NAS set-up
    and anything else I have probably missed...

I have a paid VPN rolling contract and lots of time.
    I understand that to make a future proof system set-up is almost impossible but it does need to be ready for future upgrades.
    If going the self-build route, then I will need a complete guide to make the system work.
    Or is there one particular manufacturer that would be suitable and/or ones to avoid at all costs.

I have as they say 'googled' but still very confused and unable to make a definitive decision.
    My budget is between £1,500 - £1,750

Thank you for taking the time to read, and I would very much appreciate any help or words of wisdom.

Regards
    FL

2. LostED

LostED SVF Patch Lover

Jul 30, 2009
  3. FatLarry

FatLarry MDL Novice

Jun 15, 2018
    Thank you.

4. totalbeliever

totalbeliever MDL Junior Member

Oct 22, 2015
    Hello! You could check at Amazon for your requirements that fit your budget.

5. Sajjo

Sajjo MDL Addicted

Feb 6, 2018
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...