Hello

Discussion in 'Introduction' started by 19 AES, Jan 31, 2020.

1. 19 AES

19 AES MDL Novice

Jan 31, 2020
    "19 AES" here, just joined today, and thanks to "ancestor (v) for the welcome already. Just to "prove" what a "jolly good chap" I am I already read the Forum rules!

And just to "prove" what a "real PC klutz" I am, I didn't even understand some of the prohibitions in Rules para 3! Honestly! But I'll be careful, and have had good experiences on other Forums without getting into hot water.

Even so, looking at some of the thread titles here I MAY well be in the wrong place - I don't even understand some of the headers!

Personal info. Age 74, retired self-employed aircraft engineer (mainly for big airliners), born in UK but living in Switzerland (near Basel) for the last 30 years. Lived other countries too, not a UK resident for over 40 years.

Wants: As above I'm a COMPLETE PC idiot. Reason for joining here is that via another forum where I'm a regular (nothing whatever to do with "confusers") I heard about a way to get some safety/security updates for my Win 7 OS through this Forum. AND would you believe, I think I've managed to do that OK.

BUT I'm fast falling out of love with the whole MS "ethos" of buying something new today and a few years later it just drops dead, all on it's own!

So I MAYBE thinking of having a go at Linux (or something). Dunno yet.

Meantime I'm going to sit back and read a few of the threads on here which may be relevant to my (very low) level of "knowledge" and will come back with some hopefully sensible Qs later.

Thanks, and just to illustrate again how dumb I am it took me about 5 mins (honest!) to work out how to post this message!

2. LostED

LostED SVF Patch Lover

Jul 30, 2009
    [​IMG]

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. 19 AES

19 AES MDL Novice

Jan 31, 2020
    @Karan: I'm retired. For hobbies I sing in a couple of choirs (amateur) and have a workshop in my cellar (messing about with both metal and wood).

Have a Lenovo B590 with Win 7. Used to be a heavy PC user (please note the emphasis on USER, rather than a PC "understander") when working, now less so but still useful for - e.g. copying & recording music; making patterns for woodwork; plus interacting on on-line Forums ("Forrii"?) Dunno!

As said in intro above, I'm now considering trying to rid the "MS deathgrip" around my (hopefully just metaphorical) throat! OK?

Thanks for the welcome LostED

Cheers, 19AES

4. Michaela Joy

Michaela Joy MDL Crazy Lady

Jul 26, 2012
    Welcome to MDL.
    :welcome2:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. #5 Deleted member 1071488, Feb 7, 2020
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 7, 2020
    Seen a MDL Expert addressing himself as noob. oooooooooooooo :busted_cop:

6. 19 AES

19 AES MDL Novice

Jan 31, 2020
    ???

19AES