Help! 14.99 PROMO worked - Downloading 2 GB (2 hr or so) Want to STOP & INSTALL LATER

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by crashnburn, Mar 5, 2013.

1. crashnburn

crashnburn MDL Addicted

Mar 18, 2010
    Help! 14.99 PROMO worked - Downloading 2 GB (2 hr or so) Want to STOP & INSTALL LATER

Now, somewhere in that Windows 8 Upgrade Assistant application, it said that I could choose what stuff to retain -

- Personal Settings
    - Files
    - Nothing

I selected nothing to keep it simple and quickly try and buy using the PROMO Code and get done.

I don't want to INSTALL Windows 8 RIGHT NOW.

Is it going to give me an option to STOP and DO Windows 8 another time or will it automatically start MESSING with my Windows 7 right after DOWNLOAD is complete?

Please advise. Thanks.

2. hbhb

hbhb MDL Expert

Dec 15, 2010
    what I did was just install from the email they sent out, there is an option for that. Save and then install at your convenience:D

3. terrance

terrance MDL Novice

Nov 27, 2012
    At the end of the download it gives you the option to save as iso, usb, etc. Just let it download and install later. For others reading this I have 3 more promo codes I gave to others and they did not use, I guess this proves they still work, so PM me if you want one each.

4. crashnburn

crashnburn MDL Addicted

Mar 18, 2010
    Email only contains the Receipt/ Order Summary. What did your email contain? Did you get multiple emails or a single one?

5. crashnburn

crashnburn MDL Addicted

Mar 18, 2010
    Thanks for that bit of insight/ info.

At least mine did work. What I was looking for in the E-mail (PROMO Code Email) was if there was ANY expiration date? Or something that said this PROMO code expires XYZ Date. There was none. So I figured, let me try it out.

If they haven't given an expiration date, they should support the code I am guessing.

PS: I used a hotmail account for the code - If that helps/ or it matters.

6. c3po

c3po MDL Junior Member

Feb 12, 2009
    Save it as ISO, then burn it to a DVD and install whenever you want.