help a fellow computer geek whos lost with the new dell pw bios admin

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by mrmatt2014, Oct 30, 2014.

1. mrmatt2014

mrmatt2014 MDL Novice

Oct 30, 2014
    I have changed my password and ive tried every known password and style I would of used when I done it.. but locked myself out the new laptop? is there anyway you guys can help me with a d12 dell lat? e7240 password reset? I know there are few bypass tricks with eprom chip but its brand new!will donate to you some cash if need be! I feel so silly I brought the laptop second hand cheap from a mate I messed up and dell want info I cannot give as my friend is moved to AU and I didn't hear from him yet? please help me

2. Mutagen

Mutagen MDL Addicted

Feb 18, 2013
    http://forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/43628-FAQ-(forgotten)-Dell-BIOS-Password

Here is a compilation of things to try with your Dell. You might spend hours on it and get nowhere, there just aren't any guaranties when it comes to this subject. I wish you luck. I bought a refurbed Dell on eBay with a warranty. It took an agonizing two weeks to have the ownership transferred. Perhaps you'll have contact soon with your friend.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...