Help about WHS

Discussion in 'Windows Server' started by grassel, Jun 2, 2010.

1. grassel

grassel MDL Novice

Jun 2, 2010
    hello

I'am french. It's difficult for me to anderstand all what is say on the forum.

My problem : i have read many so many post concerning Windows Home server. Do you want to help me , please ?

I worked with WHS since quite more than two year, using a activation found on the blog of "my digital life"
    Last month, i did reinstall WHS and now it's impossible to activate WHS. I have not more than 7 days before activation....

Could you give me the tools (where them to find) and say me how to do for activation, please.

WHS is not very famous in france, so no help in forum.

I thank you very much, please can you help me or redirecting this message toward one of your friends who knows WHS

best regards
    pascal

2. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
  3. grassel

grassel MDL Novice

Jun 2, 2010
    Thanks for help !

I'am just trying to translate Tito's link.

Why or when BIOS need to be flashed for WHS activation ?

4. grassel

grassel MDL Novice

Jun 2, 2010
    super french for you !

No work on BIOS. May be my process of activation wasn't well done....... If you know this one by changing value of the key "wpaevents" et after deny acces at System through herited authorisations, the new value keep as expected but ...in finaly les than 6 day before activation....grrrr !

How can i see if slic 2.1 is installed ? I read many things about SLIC concerning seven also, but i havn't well anderstand.....
    In my future life, i'll work harder langages at school......

regards
    pascal

5. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
  6. grassel

grassel MDL Novice

Jun 2, 2010
    wow, super very quick ! merci merci !
    second link is the same than Tito gave me...translation in process slowly but safety

i'll test all that after my job today. I'll give you news as soon as possible et and good news i hope

thank a lot my friend !

7. grassel

grassel MDL Novice

Jun 2, 2010
    #7 grassel, Jun 7, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2010
    (OP)
    hello everybody ! nice week-end I hope !

I'm back ! with news but not really good news. I tried several methods without success but i'am going forwards slowly !

Now, a new installation is ok with 27 days before activation.

First question : executing the tool "SLIC_ToolKit_V3.2" like Tito said me, the result is not fair, i obtain this message on the first screen:
    "Dump error : SLIC table not found"

What does it mean ? what's wrong ?

8. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
  9. grassel

grassel MDL Novice

Jun 2, 2010
    i have no SLP string in SLP 1.0 section. a window separate in the middle.
    The upper one in green caracters, 4 lines with SLP OEM string : Gygabyte
    the lower with white caracters :"invalid SLP OEM strins offsets : 122"

I have DL this file : HP_AMI_DMI.iso like u propose

Now this program running, i have a window which is the title : ChristalDMI which apparently shows (read only) a lot of parameters

how to add a HP string in my BIOS ?

Usually, i'm not completely stupid but here i'm ashamed, i do not understand what to do.....
    Do i have the good tools ?

Sorry to be so "laughable"

10. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    #10 Tito, Jun 7, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2017
  11. grassel

grassel MDL Novice

Jun 2, 2010
    ok, i's done. Now when looking at SLP 1.0 section, it shows a green line with hewlett (the fourth one)

Now i have to run "OEMBIOS changer installer.exe"(icon: blue circle with 4 white squares) ....is it right ?

12. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    Good to hear that....

Ya, run the exe to decompress the main program. Then download and extract the OEMBIOS set mentioned above [the "HPQ" one] in the Compressed OEMBIOS set folder. Run the tool to activate ~ thats it....

13. grassel

grassel MDL Novice

Jun 2, 2010
    #13 grassel, Jun 7, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2010
    (OP)
    i have DL so many files than i'm not sure we are speaking about the same.

If i have understood, i create a new folder and place in it those five :
    "OEMBIOS changer installer.exe" -------> icon blue wtih 4 white squares
    "oembios.bi_"
    "oembios.ca_"
    "oembios.da_"
    "oembios.si_" -----> the four files coming from archive .rar named WHS_OEMBIOS

I think that i'm wrong because there are no compressed folder here....

be patient, it almost is finish......... a little help more....

14. grassel

grassel MDL Novice

Jun 2, 2010
    i have found an other archive named " OEMBIOS cab preps.rar" witch contains :
    Cab multi_compress
    decompress OEMBIOS

Is it what you expected ?

15. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
  16. grassel

grassel MDL Novice

Jun 2, 2010
    hello

i'll look at your link this afternoon...I have to work sometimes... I tell you what it gives : i'll tell you "it's OK !!!!" ....i hope

thank you for all that time spent helping me

17. grassel

grassel MDL Novice

Jun 2, 2010
    On picture 2 you show 4 folders. I've never found them for downloading even on links you gave me.

I got "OEMBIOS changer installer.exe" but it was alone in the archive, even so I had to download everything i've seen on WHS, well I think ...

Where can i find these folders ?
    I think this is the final straight before success.... pending already a big thank you!

18. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    Run ur exe, dont change the default path, after extraction go to C:\ and u see the folder named "OEMBIOS changer". Open it and u will able to see the folders.....

19. grassel

grassel MDL Novice

Jun 2, 2010
    it seems that it is good !!! i have done several operations like decompressed files, patch antiwp3.....

When checking the item "ressources" in parameters on WHS console, the button "activate" has disappeared. Now activation is ok since 03/06/2010 ! I don't know why such this date ?!

The icon with keys in the taskbar also has disappeared. Is there a way to verify that the activation is ok?

I am grateful to you for your help. Again, I'm not usually a complete idiot. But then I do not absolutely understand the course I had to follow.
    Again, I was in my third or fourth reinstallation because procedures that did not work : as this time I had help, I did not miss any more

thank you very much in all cases it is very nice you to spend so much time, you are great great great !!!

simply, friendly : merci !

20. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    #20 Tito, Jun 8, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    Well, the activation isn't fully successful as it shows a date [03/06/2010]. May be for using AntiWPA3, which is completely unnecessary. Try to do a fresh installation and follow my instructions. To check, view or verify the WHS current activation status, open Run command from Start Menu, and run the following command:

Code:
    oobe/msoobe /a

A “Activate Windows” dialog window will open to let user know the activation status. If the WHS has been activated, the message is “Windows is already activated. Click OK to exit.”