[HELP] Activation Error 0xc004f074 Windows 8.1

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by sparrox13, Jun 21, 2016.

1. sparrox13

sparrox13 MDL Novice

Jun 21, 2016
    Hello everybody,

I hope im posting in the right place, i could really use your help.
    I tried many toolkits from this website and followed step by step the tutos but i keep getting the error 0xc004f074 when i try to activate my windows 8.1 pro wmc.
    kms.jpg
    If you can see it the attached picture it says that the KMS key used to activated my windows is now blocked by microsoft, is there a way to bypass that and activate again?

Thanks a lot !

2. Bat.1

Bat.1 MDL Expert

Oct 18, 2014
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. sparrox13

sparrox13 MDL Novice

Jun 21, 2016
    First of all thank you for your answer, i will try contacting him.
    I took Ratiborus for example but i get the same error with any toolkit when i try to activate, i hoped maybe someone found a solution.

4. skamath

skamath MDL Junior Member

May 11, 2016
    I am not exactly an expert in this but have you tried a different activator? Maybe the other ones are not blocked by MS just yet!

5. sparrox13

sparrox13 MDL Novice

Jun 21, 2016
    I tried KMS pico, microsoft toolkit 2.6.5 (and under), Ratiborus and few others from MDL. Sadly they all say the same thing, the same error.
    I would like to avoid formating or installing a new OS. It's the first time i have this problem and even on the web there are no real solution

6. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    #6 LatinMcG, Jun 21, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2016
    if you have malwarebytes running live it will block the exe! some antivirus too.

also check time sync settings.. turn off user access control

7. sparrox13

sparrox13 MDL Novice

Jun 21, 2016
    @LatinMcG
    I disabled UAC, firewalls, windows defender (i dont have anything else running live)
    Tried Ratiborus and microsoft toolkit and still getting the same error 0xc004f074
    That's crazy...

8. Bat.1

Bat.1 MDL Expert

Oct 18, 2014
    I normally use KMSPico. The only thing that I can think of is previous KMS tools weren't completely removed. Try running the KMS uninstaller cmd, Search the C: drive for previous KMS tools, Run (Yes Here It Goes) CCleaner to check the registry, and maybe even a Admin CMD of slmgr /upk before trying to activate again.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. sparrox13

sparrox13 MDL Novice

Jun 21, 2016
    @Bat.1
    I think i did everything you said correctly but it didn't work sadly.
    I noticed a line in the log of Microsoft toolkit saying "KMS port may be in use" and maybe it's somehow linked to the error 0xc004f074

10. Bat.1

Bat.1 MDL Expert

Oct 18, 2014
    I'm far from a expert but it seems that the original failure was caused either, like the LatinMan said above, that the time settings weren't synced or You have a corrupted OS. Now by having so many failed attempts using so many different activators, :death: I'm thinking that it may take a reset or fresh install to solve the problem.

If I had the PC, I'd first attempt to run a Admin CMD of sfc /scannow to check for errors. If some are found and repaired or found and not repaired, then re-boot and run again. I normally run the sfc scans 3 times then run the DISM CMDs.:
    Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
    Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth
    Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

Not really sure if the above will help :confused: You might end up having to post the logs so one of the KMS Gurus can help

11. Bat.1

Bat.1 MDL Expert

Oct 18, 2014
    #12 Bat.1, Jun 22, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2016
    Can You send Me the link by PM of the Source You used to install the MCE OS ?? Got some other things to do but I can try to download it and install it in VM.
    EDIT: Added question, You didn't try using any "Permanent" activator before using the KMS solutions on MDL ?

12. sparrox13

sparrox13 MDL Novice

Jun 21, 2016
    Unfortunately I do not have the OS source anymore

Concerning the "permanent" activators i thought it was fishy so i didn't use any BUT before knowing of MDL i did get some malwares (dealt with) within the toolkits.

13. Bat.1

Bat.1 MDL Expert

Oct 18, 2014
    NUKE the OS !! Because You're using the MCE I'm going under the assumption the source was more than likely a Dils**t err DilShad torrent :mad: Even though now going by FreewareSys He's a "Trusted" uploader on some torrent sites, I'll assure You the only reason He uploads his own torrents now is because He caused several uploaders to lose their trusted status by uploading his crap, so they stopped uploading it. Combine that with You getting some Malware from "Bad' activators, I Strongly Suggest You low level format the HDD and start again with a fresh install.

There's not a lot of Interest in Win 8.1 so finding an up to date torrent, especially with the MC, is a big problem. If You really want the MCE I'd suggest using the October 2015 upload by murphy78, I'll PM the link. Activate using any of the KMS solutions found here on MDL and You shouldn't have any problems. If You don't want to upgrade to Win 10, just read a few of the threads on how to prevent it. I always downloaded but didn't install the optional updates. I unhid (?) them a while back and found there were only six that I needed to hide since the rest had been superseded. I can send You the list if You reinstall.

14. sparrox13

sparrox13 MDL Novice

Jun 21, 2016
    Thanks a lot for following this thread and for your help Bat.1 :thumbsup:
    I think you're right and that's what i will do.

15. stefanwag

stefanwag MDL Novice

Aug 4, 2016
    Did you solve the problem. Because i have same problem :(