[HELP and Inquiry]

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by matrixcs, Feb 8, 2010.

1. matrixcs

matrixcs MDL Junior Member

Feb 7, 2010
    #1 matrixcs, Feb 8, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2010
    [HELP and Inquiry] SOLVED!!! Thanks to all!

Hello guys, its my first time here in this wonderful forum and i have learned so much already. Now i just want to ask, i have a test machine with a pre-activated windows 7 ultimate coming from a torrent AIO thing. well its genuine as it says but we all know its not. is there a way for me to convert this into a REAL genuine one without re-formatting the pc? becuase i just purchased 3 RETAIL keys from MSDN. I was hoping to convert my wife's pc without formatting it. please to help me guys of there is a simple way to do it. Thanks!

2. ShareAll

ShareAll MDL Member

Jul 23, 2009
    First you would need to know what loader comes with it,then uninstal the loader. After that just reactivate with your Retailkey...

3. matrixcs

Feb 7, 2010
    well the thing is its a downloaded windows7 pre-activated already.. its like a AIO thing which we dont know, im not seing any 7loader.tag or something.. it looks like its activated with an OEM SLP key and with a leaked LENOVO key embedded during its installation.. so how do we uninstall it so we can put a genuine RETAIL key? please do help.. thanks.

4. Superfly

Superfly MDL Expert

Jan 12, 2010
    I had a similar problem with a "self-activating" Vista ISO - I think I used Orbit30's loader then to uninstall that loader I would however sugget a clean install from a clean ISO :) you never know what "free" extras came with that ISO you have;)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. matrixcs

Feb 7, 2010
    yeah i got what you mean.. but the thing is.. i will lose important programs that i have no installer to bring it back.. anyway, the PRE-ACTIVATED installer was just made by my friend and he told us that HE used an on-touched windows 7 build 7600.16385 and used the PRE-ACTIVATE windows 7 DVD tool kit.

6. alextheg

alextheg MDL Expert

Jan 7, 2009
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. Dolorous Edd

Dolorous Edd MDL Expert

Aug 31, 2009
    Does VOATK work with 7? Thought it was never updated. If VOATK works then great. If you still have the ISO it may be possible to deduce what loader was used by browsing the oem directory (I use ultraISO)

8. Daz

Daz MDL Developer / Admin
    Staff Member

Jul 31, 2009
    If the release is by BIE or they use the standard loader file then it will be called "GRLDR" and in the root of the active partition, pretty much any loader application on this forum can uninstall it.

9. alextheg

alextheg MDL Expert

Jan 7, 2009
    Ive run Voatk tools on my win7 machine to generate an activation report. I did recieve a few errors, however just clicked continue a few times and the report was generated correctly. Detecting correct producte key, os etc. From this i can only assume that it will uninstall any loaders.

10. alextheg

alextheg MDL Expert

Jan 7, 2009
    FYI, i also just sucsessfuly changed OEM information using Voatk.

11. matrixcs

Feb 7, 2010
    hi there thanks for the info on the VOATK.. but did not do anything.. i managed to unistall the pre-activation by using windows 7 loader 1.7.5 by Daz.. it worked.. thanks for your help guys.. your inputs made me think and achieve my goal.. now we inserted the genuine RETAIL key and our WINDOWS 7 ultimate is now genuine...

Have a nice day to all!

12. alextheg

alextheg MDL Expert

Jan 7, 2009
    Your welcome. Interesting to know the uninstall feature of Voatk tools doesnt work. Glad you achieved your goal though. :D :D

13. matrixcs

Feb 7, 2010
    well its not that i did not work but maybe im not familliar with the VOATK hehehehe im going to study it on my test machine maybe later after work :)

14. Phazor

Phazor MDL Expert

Sep 1, 2009
    Normal Boot: BIOS -> MBR -> Windows Bootloader -> Windows Operating System

Loader Boot: BIOS -> MBR -> Emulator -> Windows Bootloader -> Windows Operating System

By putting the Emulator (which is really a Bootloader too) before the Windows Bootloader, the Emulator can inject the necessary code-bits into memory and call the Windows Bootloader when its done.

Since the MBR is by default set up to go straight to the Windows Bootloader, a change in the MBR is required to make it go to the Emulator instead. This is how a Loader 'installs' itself. Ergo; to reverse the process you merely have to restore the default MBR. This can be done in different ways, like via a console-command or the auto-repair facilities on the Windows install DVD.

Once the Emulator is disabled the OS will no longer be in SLP Mode. Hence all you have to do now is enter a valid Retail Key and activate normally via the Microsoft online-activation facilities. The now unused Emulator, (usually a single file, sometimes accompanied by 'tag-files'), can be deleted.

Step by Step:

1) Restore Default MBR

2) Delete Emulator from harddrive

3) Enter Retail Key and activate online

15. matrixcs

Feb 7, 2010
    thanks Phazor for the INPUT!! have a pleasant day...