[Help]Can't find USB Flash Drive either in My Computer or Disk Management

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by Kazuhara, Nov 5, 2011.

1. Kazuhara

Kazuhara MDL Novice

Aug 26, 2010
    #1 Kazuhara, Nov 5, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2011
    I need help, I can't find my USB Flash Drive in My Computer also tried to look in Disk Management and it wasn't there.

My USB Flash Drive seems to be still okay since the light is still glowing. And when I plugged it in, it installs the driver successfully.

Anyone know how to fix this? I'd gladly appreciate any help.

Thank you. =)

2. jayblok

jayblok MDL Guru

Dec 26, 2010
    have you tried it in another computer? you say it "seems" alright? try it in another pc to see if it's functional first

3. gabris[LT]

gabris[LT] MDL Senior Member

Nov 6, 2010
    go to device manager(Control Panel->System->hardware->device manager) look for question marks there and uninstall the device(right mouse button->uninstall), if none try to find your pen drive and uninstall it, then unplug ang plug it in again. :)

4. U-Fig

U-Fig MDL Member

May 14, 2010
    or you could try DISKPART=>cmd=>diskpart=>list disk

see if it is listed , if so, in diskpart

select disk * (* is for the disk that represents your USB Stick, if any..)
    clean
    create partition primary
    format quick fs=ntfs label=(YOURLABEL)
    assign
    exit

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. IronMaiden

IronMaiden MDL Member

Oct 27, 2009
    Are you MAD...with these commands he'll wipe out anything that's saved on the stick! How do you know that's what he wants :eek:

6. U-Fig

U-Fig MDL Member

May 14, 2010
    i did not see any mention of important data, so i assumed he just needed his stick to be visible.

if kazuhara mentioned something about important data i wouldn't have suggested the diskpart route
    that is why i said: "select disk * (* is for the disk that represents your USB Stick, if any..)"

i'm not MAD, just some sort of nut :p

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...