Help choosing PS3 game

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Xortron, Dec 28, 2009.

1. Xortron

Xortron MDL Novice

Dec 16, 2009
    Hi, I just bought a PS3 and I have some questions on what game to get. You folks remember the game: Zelda, Ocarina of time. Well, using that example, I’m interested in buying a game that is non-linear (go wherever you want), easy, fun to play, relaxing. if not easy at least have cheat codes available that make it easy. To have a timeline, like ancient/epic, and with awesome graphics. I basically want a game that is enjoyable; I really don’t give a crap about a hard game that is challenging. I find that very boring. Also, aside from this game to buy, in the free online demos that I can download, what demo do you folks recommend for me as well.
    Ok, so far I like Star Wars Unleashed because it's subtle, in other words, it's not easy to die, things don't attack you all at once and forever ( u have time to think or breath lol), a few things attack you but subtle, it's relaxed and not competely linear. I also like the fact that you are powerful and the control movement is good too.

I found the game enjoyable, and the storyline is ok too.

Wondering if you folks know of another game that is relaxed, I assume you have to fight, but it's not a crazy adrenaline rush, and that you don't die so easily. I like the controler movement to have complete control, in other words, not those shooter games for example that you move a joytick in one direction and then you also have to move the other to turn around. Very annoying. The game can be epic, futuristic, whatever, hopefully not a shooter, and hopefully not too linear, thanks for any advice, and for your time, merry christmas, happy new year for everyone here.

I need help in choosing a game cause from the demos I downloaded , to be honest, it seems that almost all next generation games available now are weird. Not just too linear, but you can't walk around, for example you can't explore the castle or watch and explore the scenery, if you do, you get killed and the game ends. It's like adrenaline games, there's no time to enjoy yourself or the graphics you have to blast everything or kill everything in site, second after second, there are no breaks. Could it be that video game directors are trying to reflect what the new generation wants, It sound like they're trying to say the new generation is simple minded/psychotic or something, well, most of today's movies in theaters are crap as well and movies are directed towards a new audience. But give me a break, most people that i've talked to hate these type of games and these crappy movies and they are the new generation. What the has happened to these game directors. No pun intended to anyone, but the video games have turned crazy, it's like the magic has disappeared. very boring. I'm not being ungrateful for my ps3, I like it, you can do many things on it, but man. Nintendo, back in the day, used to make great games, too bad now they got dormant with this stupid Wii marketing.
    Thank you all for any help and for a great forum, merry Christmas and happy new year for everyone here.

2. thestig_992

thestig_992 MDL Novice

Dec 2, 2009
    assasins creed 1/2 ? pretty relaxed, you can do pretty much whatever you want, and its really quite easy

3. Pooh the Pirate

Pooh the Pirate MDL Junior Member

Sep 30, 2009
    Just some suggestions, may not be non linear but are fun.
    Dragon Age: Origins
    Demon's Souls
    Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
    Assassins Creed 2

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Xortron

Xortron MDL Novice

Dec 16, 2009
    Thank you all for all your help, I'm extremely grateful:)

5. James5q

James5q MDL Novice

Jan 19, 2010
    Overlord 2. Meleé and Magic as weapons, and Minions to do the rest.

6. heronfisher

heronfisher MDL Novice

Mar 15, 2010
    #6 heronfisher, Mar 17, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2010
    Assassins Creed 2 and Need For Speed Nitro great games. Also recommend Uncharted 2.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. xaximus

xaximus MDL Novice

May 30, 2010
    Devil May Cry 4, KH3 (when it releases)

8. simarpreet007

simarpreet007 MDL Junior Member

Jun 10, 2009
    buy KILLZONE 2.

your life will never be the same.

Seriously. No Joke.

Period

9. flare4000

flare4000 MDL Senior Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Cod 4 or 5 Don't get Cod 6 good at first but too many noob froobs.

10. allengts

allengts MDL Novice

Jul 15, 2007
    cod 4 is a good game

11. yt2008br

yt2008br MDL Novice

Jun 9, 2010
    #11 yt2008br, Jun 17, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2010
    "God of War 3"
    Type action/platform
    ..the best ever (until now).

12. yt2008br

yt2008br MDL Novice

Jun 9, 2010
    Need for Speed Shift
    race car

13. aloysiuscarl

aloysiuscarl MDL Novice

Jun 18, 2010
    I'd say the 360 is the console system you want based on the type of games you said you like to play. And Get BFBC2 and borrow FF13? I think in the long run when no one plays BFBC2 anymore, you can pick up FF13, that game can be enjoyed anytime without needing friends or other online players.

14. gtasmy

gtasmy MDL Novice

Sep 6, 2010
    PS3 has many relaxed games; most of which are not disc-based but can be downloaded through the PS Store. Like flOw or Flower.

15. benjybeth

benjybeth MDL Novice

Apr 29, 2011
    My Favourite PS3 games are:

Burnout Paradise.
    MotorStorm .
    Ghostbusters.
    Incredible Hulk...

16. RahulRulz

RahulRulz MDL Novice

Apr 29, 2011
    gta 4
    cod
    fifa

17. mr.levaithan

mr.levaithan MDL Novice

Apr 30, 2011
    Well I would suggest "Red dead redemption" it's GTA but with horses.
    Its got a great story line and it's very fun to play,
    If you ever see it cheap I would recomend that you buy it :D

p.s. its an awesome game

18. harrywinston

harrywinston MDL Novice

May 23, 2011
    I will say that keep it. If you think it looks VERY UGLY and you don't like it then get the slim. I honestly like the fat more than the slim look, but thats just me.

19. eragon556

eragon556 MDL Novice

May 28, 2011
    Leave all game. Try To Mafia 2 game for PS3. I am also play this game. Sounds and Graphic is amazing. I like this game.

20. half Man Half Biscuit

half Man Half Biscuit MDL Addicted

Jun 1, 2011
    For me

GOD OF WAR 3
    ENSLAVED
    KILLZONE 3
    PRINCE OF PERSIA 4-5