[Help] Deleted Partition Recovery on Windows 7

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by itsbighead, Jan 18, 2014.

1. itsbighead

itsbighead MDL Novice

Jan 16, 2014
    #1 itsbighead, Jan 18, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2014
    Hi All

A few days ago i created a new partition on my external hdd that I was going to install OSX (Hackintosh) onto. OSX installed correctly but it kept giving me boot0:error so i thought it might of been the fact that the 20gb partition was a logical mbr. So i changed it and it still gave me the same problem

After that i tried formatting the partition with disk utility and it gave me a error (which i neglected to write down) which resulted in all partitions on the disk being corrupted/deleted. This is what is shown when i connect the disk to Acronis Disk Director

Disk 2 (MBR)
    'Local Volume' | 910.5GB | | Primary MBR | Not Formatted | Healthy
    Unallocated | 931.5GB |

I tried running Acronis Recovery Expert and it was able to detect that i had 2 deleted partitions but the thing is it took 5 hours just to be able to continue to the next step, during this time the indicator light on the hdd never stops blinking. But when i click on next the RecoveryExpert program crashes.

I have tried EaseUS and Minitool Partition Recovery but when i try and open the program with the hdd plugged in, the program stays at the loading screen and it never opens while the indicator light keeps blinking. I also tried running the hdd through testdisk on Ubuntu but the program idles at the disk selection screen after i select proceed and the indicator light also keeps blinking

The external harddrive is a WD Elements 1TB and i only got it a month ago. Please help i have so much important data on there and im about to cry because ive tried everything

Thanks

2. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
  3. itsbighead

itsbighead MDL Novice

Jan 16, 2014
    i already tried running testdisk on windows and on ubuntu but as it said above each time i select the process button the screen just stays at the disk selection screen and the indicator light keeps flashing

do you really think it will be different on hirens bootcd?

4. itsbighead

itsbighead MDL Novice

Jan 16, 2014
    Full Intellectual Scan - Turned up a useless partition that wouldnt mount (Incorrect space)
    Normal Scan - Turned up nothing
    Full Scan - Turned up nothing

The only program that seems to recognise that i have a deleted partition is the acronis recovery expert. all other programs stop responding when i open them with the external hdd plugged in while the led indicator light keeps blinking.

Omfg am i utterly screwed? Is all of the data permanently lost?

5. itsbighead

itsbighead MDL Novice

Jan 16, 2014
    Easus gets stuck at the splash screen when I have my external hard drive connected....

6. MrMagic

MrMagic MDL Guru

Feb 13, 2012
    Try connecting it after loading EaseUS, then refresh drives list

7. itsbighead

itsbighead MDL Novice

Jan 16, 2014
    Doesn't work as it the program freezes. Is the data on the 910gb partition permanently lost?

8. leebo_28

leebo_28 MDL Senior Member

Jun 12, 2011
    if your connecting through USB..your last option might be to tear open that external and hook the drive directly to motherboard , then try some of these partition recovery programs.

9. mackrack5

mackrack5 MDL Novice

Aug 27, 2010
    I think First Check USB HDD.Via Crystal Disk Info.
    A good program that show you SMART Health Of HDD.Because Program is non responsive while scanning or accessing drive ,may be WD enclosure is a culprit or HDD.(Opening Enclosure may be void Warranty)

10. leebo_28

leebo_28 MDL Senior Member

Jun 12, 2011
    I only mentioned it as a last resort to save his data. It's up to him if he/she thinks it's worth voiding his warranty.

11. MrMagic

MrMagic MDL Guru

Feb 13, 2012
    This ^^

12. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    Active@ recovery parttion ?

13. MSMG

MSMG MDL Developer

Jul 15, 2011
    Use Active@ Partition Recovery, it's the best that can do your job.

14. itsbighead

itsbighead MDL Novice

Jan 16, 2014
    #16 itsbighead, Jan 19, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2014
    (OP)
    so i tried what you guys said and it sort of worked. it was able to detect that i had two partitions within the unallocated space that were in good condition. I decided to fix the boot sector for both these partitions and run the create/fix partitioning button in the menu where i selected MBR and then in the logs at the bottom of the window it says that it "Successfully fixed MBR". Currently the program registers the primary and copy boot sector as being valid and i can view all my files that was on it before

But the problem is when i now click the Recover button it still says that

Not Ready for Recovery
    Reason: The logical structure of MBR is damaged and contains invalid partition records
    Action: You can try to use eith low level tools (like disk editor) to fix records manually, or delete invalid partitions or execute FixMBR command

Do you guys know how i could fix this problem?

i only got the HDD a month ago and i safely eject it every time i use it so i doubt that theres anything wrong with the HDD

15. itsbighead

itsbighead MDL Novice

Jan 16, 2014
    what do you guys think are the chances of me successfully recovering all existing data or the whole partition from my external hdd

16. mackrack5

mackrack5 MDL Novice

Aug 27, 2010
    What is Version Of EASEUS.
    I Usually failed to recover from Latest version.
    I successfully recovered with EASEUS Data Recovery Wizard Professional 4.3.6 lots of time without any problem.

17. MSMG

MSMG MDL Developer

Jul 15, 2011
    At the first place you used the disk utility to format the drive, there it messed up the drive table, using Active@ Partition Recovery it recognized the two partitions right and you are able to see the files. then all data seems to be safe. instead of fixing the drive, use active@ File recovery to save the contents of the drive to another drive or create a drive image file to another pc and see whether you can browse through the files and extract them if it works then its safe. now you can fully cleanup the corrupted drive and create fresh partitions and copy back the data.

18. jerryhill

jerryhill MDL Novice

Mar 31, 2014
    File Recovery Tool is capable to recover network drive, flash drive or local hard drive. Even, File Recovery Tool provides option to recover all the deleted items on the original destination. However, you should recover all your lost files at any other network drive, hard drive or Flash drive to enhance the probability of file recovery success.

For More Info: files_recovery_tools. com/