Help , dell dimension 5000

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by Albert-M, Sep 20, 2010.

1. Albert-M

Albert-M MDL Novice

Sep 20, 2010
    Hy , i need help , i have one dell dimension 5000 with demaged bios , and i need the original bios.bin file to write the bios with one external bios programmer.
    thx

2. shakeyplace

shakeyplace MDL Addicted

May 5, 2007
    here is a thread detailing Dell bios recovery, basically download the Dell updater, extract the hdr file, rename it if necessary (maybe not), put it on floppy and boot.. (may be a jumper to set I believe, it has been quite a while since I read about it) Is the board bootable at all? you could, if it does, make a dos bootable floppy with an autoexec file running the executable with the command D5000A07 -factory (disables the prompts so there is no need to press ok or (y) for are you sure? prompt) The original bios file (I think you may need hdr file, not bin file) can be extracted using the command line switch D5000A07 -writeromfile, the hdr file would be extracted using D5000A07 -writehdrfile
    About Dell Bios Recovery

3. Albert-M

Albert-M MDL Novice

Sep 20, 2010
    hello , my board don't boot , i turn on and only power on led light , the pc is totaly dead no beebs and screen , probably the bios is demaged , i have bios chip programmer , and for this i need the bios file , not in exe format ! on .rom , .bin ..... for write bios .
    thx for the quick answer