Help: Dell Password Recovery

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by Thelma, Jun 5, 2015.

1. Thelma

Thelma MDL Novice

Jun 5, 2015
    Hello, I am here to ask help with this problem.

I am the proud owner of an almost 5 years old DELL INSPIRON M 5010 laptop. A month ago I made the mistake to do a Dell reset, because the poor thing had been over the years clogged up with add's and on's of her quite spontaneous owner.

As that went completely wrong, I lost all my files and folders and my service pact 1 ( I am on Windows 7 )
    I could not get back on my system, but most of that is behind me now ( and I learned a lot ).

I now need to go into my BIOS to sort this sound problem out.

After the famous F 2, I get the question for THE Password . So 2 arrows to the right into security, and there starts my problem. I have tried all the passwords I know, nothing works. Called DELL in UK ( where I bought the Dell ) with my Service Tag and my Express service number and was given "THE" Password to enter my BIOS. Well, it does not work.
    Before all this,I did not even know I have a BIOS, so never been near it before. It must be the original password that this laptop was sold with.

Is there a way to help me, when I provide all the detail I have about this laptop like Product Key ect.

Many thanks in advance,
    Thelma

2. EFA11

EFA11 Avatar Guru

Oct 7, 2010
    #2 EFA11, Jun 5, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
  3. P.J

P.J MDL ☂

Jul 30, 2009
    Need HDMI audio driver?

It's not the right place to ask though...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Thelma

Thelma MDL Novice

Jun 5, 2015
    Hello, first I thank you all for your help.

My problem is now diagnosed ( my friend is back and much more knowledgeable than me in computer things). We did the inbuild Diasnostic autio test and that came out with 2 error codes. 1B63:181B and 1B63:1D1B

Do I need to order parts or is this to be helped otherwise ?
    Thanks already for any help,
    Thelma

6. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    error in speaker system.. did someone open laptop ?
    audio jack broke inside laptop ?

N5010 is known for bad boards.. reflow of chip was needed for a few i fixed.