[Help] Encrypted Internet connections broken after installing 10532

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by AtomicStryker, Sep 2, 2015.

1. AtomicStryker

AtomicStryker MDL Novice

Jun 5, 2007
    #1 AtomicStryker, Sep 2, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2015
    My upgrade path was as follows: Existing 8.1 Pro to 10 Pro via Windows Update, then today i used the 10532 esd converted to a mounted iso. I had to reinstall to fix the "desktop and explorer settings dont persist" issue and opted for the newest build because why not.

Now, my desktop and explorer issues are instantly fixed (it even restored the pre-broken icon arrangement) but https doesnt work at all anymore LOL. No program (dropbox, firefox, edge) can establish a secure connection, i cant even go to google to find out how to fix this (LOL). Thankfully this forum still works. How do i fix this please :confused:

EDIT:
    Looked for solution from another PC, none found. I can't even run a 240 build setup because the setup fails to connect to MS auth servers and insists on a product key T_T

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    check net adapter driver.. i had a case once that secure trading soft could not connect and had to restore prior driver in xp days.

3. AtomicStryker

AtomicStryker MDL Novice

Jun 5, 2007
    Well, after google couldnt help me from a laptop i gave up and just pulled my more-or-less annual pc wipe forwards in my schedule. The activation from my original 8.1 install and update to 10 didn't stick when i installed 10 fresh ... huh. Welp Pico for the win. Right now both icons and internet are working, so .... solved?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...