(Help) Erros while creating Windows 8.1 x86 AIO

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by Chrystopher, Nov 27, 2013.

1. Chrystopher

Chrystopher MDL Member

Oct 23, 2013
    At first, i've succesfully exporting image file by following this thread

http://forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/35650-Creating-a-Windows-8-1-AIO-with-Media-Center-manually

But when i want to convert it to ProWMC, i've mounted the install.wim, but at the second and third lines, it's always show errors "Error: 0xc0000135 = An error occured while attempting to start the servicing process for the image located at C:\win81x86aio\mount. For more information, review the log file"

In the previous time i've created Windows 8 x86 AIO successfully without any errors, but why when trying to create Windows 8.1 x86 AIO with the same things, it show errors?
    The second and third lines is the important part, someone please help me

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. murphy78

murphy78 MDL DISM Enthusiast

Nov 18, 2012
    You have to use the dism from 8.1 ADK or an 8.1 RTM/Retail image.
    Install the ADK, navigate to the folder that contains the dism exe you wish to use (amd64 or x86) Then run your commands.

You could do something like this:
    set DISM="C:\Program Files\Windows Kits\8.1\et cetera"
    %DISM% /mount-wim etc...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Chrystopher

Chrystopher MDL Member

Oct 23, 2013
    #3 Chrystopher, Nov 27, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2013
    (OP)
    Well, maybe because i've install the DISM 2012 which doesn't compatible with Windows 8.1. Could you provide the link to download DISM for Windows 8.1?

---Edit---
    I've created the Windows 8.1 x86 AIO. Thanks for your advice :)