Help figure what's wrong with my PC.

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by maybaycao, Jun 7, 2011.

1. maybaycao

maybaycao MDL Novice

Feb 22, 2010
    My pc has been randomly restarting everyday or so while I am gaming. Now today, the monitor shows "no signal input" when pc is booted as well as the keyboard and mouse showing no power. My guess is that my mobo is broken somehow and would have to be replaced. Suggestions would be most appreciated.

2. half Man Half Biscuit

half Man Half Biscuit MDL Addicted

Jun 1, 2011
    Had the same problem once,your right acsrn;)

It is the power supply in 99% of the cases

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. maybaycao

maybaycao MDL Novice

Feb 22, 2010
    The pc still boot up and power on. Just the keyboard and mouse are not powered, and the monitor having no input. I'll try your guy's solution.

4. half Man Half Biscuit

half Man Half Biscuit MDL Addicted

Jun 1, 2011
    I had that problem,my pc works fine but the keyboard and mouse and monitor don´t get power.
    Maybe the cables aren´t good,go to the store and buy or switch with the old ones.

Who knows maybe that´s your problem,i had that one.
    Maybe u need a USB input for keyboard and mouse,my keyboard and mouse didn´t want to go,so i neede to switch to USB input

Good finding;)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. maybaycao

maybaycao MDL Novice

Feb 22, 2010
    The case fans and psu fan are running, and the hdd is running as well. It's not OC'd.

Now's a good time for me to build a new rig.

6. R29k

R29k MDL GLaDOS

Feb 13, 2011
    I doubt it's the PSU, probably the motherboard or the memory freaking out. Usually when the PSU dies you get no power.