Help for Bios Produkt-Key

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by Dieloo, Jun 5, 2014.

1. Dieloo

Dieloo MDL Novice

Oct 21, 2010
    Notebook: HP Pavilion D6, 03/10/2013, BIOS-Version F.23 with Produkt configuration ID and System Board CT Nummer and Factory installed OS Win8

To people who could help an old fogy at 73 years.

Good day and a brief history
    Age-related, I have from my half-brother in Virginia ( he is 12 years older) received his almost new laptop as a gift. For export reasons and security He has to expand the installed hard disk and can be destroyed.

After receipt of the machine in Germany I have this shipped to an authorized dealer of HP (IPC ) to the U.S. keyboard replaced with a German keyboard.

On the machine there was a sticker of WIN 8 My brother I confirmed this with the information that he has received no media for this purpose . But MS Germany would help me. For my request for information to MS Munich I had to pay 72.00 euros to the support first . I got this information that there is no disk with an OEM version . The product key is permanently installed in UEFI BIOS. However, in MS-store I could buy a WIN 8 for € 129.00 Preferential price, a DVD. A disk as a recovery version I would get only from HP.
    After I paid 62 euros to HP I was told that I could get a Recovery disk only within the warranty period. The warranty period is over 03/10/2013 March 2014, as recorded in the BIOS (F10)

The customer service from HP has helped me over the instruction on the phone to deduct a small plug-safe on Machine Factory setting to reset the.

Now my question:

Is there any expert to whom I could send my machine? Perhaps to a moderator?
    Or how can I read the product key in the bios?

For my situation I've invested a lot of money. That is why it has lasted so well until now.

The notebook starts immediately. About F10 I can turn into the bios. A blank hard drive I could be installed. I bought this.

Thank you in advance for your efforts.
    DieLoo

NS: Since 1972 I have paid faithfully and honestly all my licenses and product-Key's. Whether Microsoft, HP and others. Today I feel deceived and am disappointed by this behavior.

2. M0rriss0n

M0rriss0n MDL Senior Member

Sep 17, 2011
    Install this new hdd, put Windows 8 on it.
    Read key with RWeverything if Windows does not read it from UEFI.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    HP and Sony has the most terrible services in Thailand followed by Toshiba!!

Regarding the Windows 8 Key, you could retrieve on several ways from BIOS! That key will have some limits:
    Version Core/Pro/Single Language/Country specific

For to use an different Version, a new Product Key would be needed.

If you try to install Windows 8 on an new HDD from scratch, it will use the BIOS Product Key only if the key is matching the version you try to install.

On the other hand, You could use an RTM etc. ISO and an generic Product Key to install Windows 8/8.1 in the version you like, mainly the Professional version. After that use the MTK 2.5x for to fully activate. That all would cost you nothing. And you already has an Windows 8 Sticker on that Laptop, I assume!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
  5. Dieloo

Dieloo MDL Novice

Oct 21, 2010
    Thank you for your reply, but how do I get this Win 8? (without Key)
    It greets Dieloo

6. M0rriss0n

Sep 17, 2011
    #6 M0rriss0n, Jun 5, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2014
    Check your PM

7. Dieloo

Dieloo MDL Novice

Oct 21, 2010

@Pisthai

Even you, I would like to say thank you very much, It is very interesting what you write.

At the moment I upload Morrisson of a single Win8. If I have understood you correctly, this version, which is indeed in English should. itself can activate. This is also the link of Tito.

I'll call back tomorrow
    It greets

8. Dieloo

Dieloo MDL Novice

Oct 21, 2010
    @pisthai

Hello All and Good Day,
    Sorry, I have not understood this. I can read the English language (or German), yes, just understand that I find it very, very difficult. When I was young, this was better.
    Would you please tell me this here:
    What is an RTM? Iso I know. That's when I copy files to a CD burning program for CD / DVD. Then I can lay this burned CD / DVD in the drive, make the PC and turn it back on then boot from this CD / DVD. Is that right?
    Generic product key, then changes in a product key and adapts to the situation? Where can I get this part?
    Phew, and what is a MTK x 2.5? Where can I get it? From Microsoft? Or is this a gray area? That would be good too. You have taken a lot of money to me yesterday ----- for nothing. But, to answer a question.
    Do you know why Microsoft and HP and all other so-large companies have become? Yes? Or no? I'll tell you. Because all small business owners and establishments, or "little people" who are at the end of society and have to work hard, Legal and honestly paid all product key have. I, as an example, since 1971, my first PC from Honeywell Bull (He then cost 37.500,00 DM) One hour of instruction: 270.00 DM) was needed for DOS and Norton at least 100 hours.

OK, another Thematik,

I have Download this:
    1.) C:\Users\Dieter\Downloads\lp_6a3d5a95346cf22c5c1d2ab6965a917e7c0e0ff1.cab\
    and
    2.) Mega.crx
    and
    3.) Windows_8_Single_Language_en-US_x64.iso

What I must now do?

@pisthai
    please help me, you write yesterday this one:
    On the other hand, You could use an RTM etc. ISO and an generic Product Key to install Windows 8/8.1 in the version you like, mainly the Professional version. After that use the MTK 2.5x for to fully activate. That all would cost you nothing.

But I do not now, whta you mean: RTM, MTK 2.5x???

Yes this I have on the Backside: And you already has an Windows 8 Sticker on that Laptop, I assume!

In the morning I was with a friend in Frankfurt. He has very little money (€ 41.00) bought early 2013 with the action of Micro Soft Windows 7 on windows 8 a set of DVD. There are 1 piece 32bit and 64bit one piece
    He lent me this CD. But he does not know is a product key included.

I have just tried an installation. He also starts (without asking for a product key), but what I'm doing, he wants / can not install. My friend says he is looking for an existing operating system. I do not have the hard drive is empty.
    He also wonders whether he should change the EFI settings?? I did not do it.

What could I do?
    It greets
    Dieloo

9. M0rriss0n

Sep 17, 2011
    Dieloo, forget about MTK, you have original key!
    MTK is Microsoft Tool Kit to activate computer without original key.
    Mount the iso, or burn iso as files and make it bootable.
    Install Windows 8 and come back for further steps!