help for disable chrome and firefox auto startup

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by myabc, Mar 9, 2019.

1. myabc

myabc MDL Member

Apr 19, 2014
    I automatically open chrome and / or firefox (if I left them open when I turned it off). on the net I find something but it seems that there is no way in which this function of automatic start ... someone could help me? I have the latest official build of win 10x64. thank you so much

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. TairikuOkami

TairikuOkami MDL Expert

Mar 15, 2014
    10 introduced this cool new feature, that every app, that is running, will be auto-started after a restart/shutdown, so you would not have to. You have to do a real shutdown or close the app before. You can create a shortcut to turn off PC with this:
    Code:
    shutdown /s /f /t 0

3. kaljukass

kaljukass MDL Guru

Nov 26, 2012
    If You turn off Your computer, also all processes will killed or turned off. Including Firefox and Chrome etc.
    So if they turns on on next boot, You have set them to start automatically when Windows starts. If You don't want such a situation no more, simply remove them from startup menu and that's all.
    If You have situatiation, when Firefox or what ever another browser opens with previously used sites, then You must turn this off from browser settings.
    But remember, if You put Your computer to sleep or hibernate, it will always open everything what was open previously.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. myabc

myabc MDL Member

Apr 19, 2014