Help for dummies for installing Office 2016

Discussion in 'Microsoft Office' started by Biker, Jun 19, 2016.

1. Biker

Biker MDL Novice

Feb 25, 2014
    I would be grateful if someone can explain in simple English how can I download and install Office 2016 Professional Plus.

I understand that there is a thread explaining all this but I would not understand it. :confused:

HOW TO SUPPORT CHAT OFFICE 2016

I understand I can download Office 2016 from this but how to activate it permanently?

(in tech radar )

I am worried that if I download it through some torrent sites than it would be full of virus/malware. So want to download from this community driven forum. :)

Sorry for the trouble, but would appreciate if anyone drop in and help.

Thanks!

2. Biker

Biker MDL Novice

Feb 25, 2014
    no one?! :(

3. pvdven777

pvdven777 MDL Member

Jul 4, 2010
    The lack of response may be due to the suggestion of doing something illegal.

But I can share with you some personal experience. Torrents are the only way I know of to get a proper installation medium. Should be fairly safe if you get a more 'popular' torrent.
    I'm not aware of any packages being available like the ISO/ESD's for the windows OS. Don't know either if Microsoft offers installation files ins some form or shape for Office (that act as trial if you don't activate) because I haven't tried it.

As for activation. I think you may want to be looking for the Microsoft toolkit or something similar to help with that. Plenty of info already available about that.

4. Biker

Biker MDL Novice

Feb 25, 2014
  5. pvdven777

pvdven777 MDL Member

Jul 4, 2010
    Hi Biker,

As I recall Microsoft has been offering downloads and trial pre-installation on Pc's in the past, it's just like I said, I never used those myself.

In any case, if you want my opinion, and that's all it is, those links do appear to be genuine to me.
    However If you're still not sure you might just want to simply search Microsofts own downloads section or see if their latest Office webpages offer download links.