Help help help!!!!!

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by barrytroter1, Aug 1, 2011.

1. barrytroter1

barrytroter1 MDL Junior Member

May 30, 2011
    hi, i have just installed the windows vista anytime upgrade to my desktop via cd but evreything is gone all of my files (music , videos, etc and also because i have to connect to my wireless router by usb adapter that is pugged into my desktop for accses to the internet i cannot go onlie on the desktop without it! and the previous version of vista worked fine with the usb for the internet but now the pc will not recognize it as an internet usb adapter and it will not connect to the internet that s why i am using my laptop to ask for help either to uninsatll the update and hopefuly that will make my usb adapter work again because it works in my laptop , or just a wy to help keepthe upgrade and make my adapter work with it please help !!!!!!!

2. 60cent

60cent MDL Senior Member

May 31, 2011
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. x86

x86 MDL Addicted

Jul 8, 2011
    Nero100 is probably right; this probably is a permissions issue...

And my guess is that the files you seem to have 'lost' were stored under system folders i.e. My Documents, My Music, My Pictures, My Videos - am I correct :confused:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. barrytroter1

May 30, 2011
    i have managed to sort the internet problem out but now i am trying to reinstall my realtek sound driver but vista wont let me half way through the installation it stopps me saying something about a new driver signiture and i press allow but nothing happens it just pops up again

5. x86

x86 MDL Addicted

Jul 8, 2011
  6. barrytroter1

May 30, 2011
    okay trying it because i had the realtek software on my vista before the update and it was brilliant but wen ever i try and re0install it after i have dwonloaded it it just comes up half way through saying about the signiture thing

7. barrytroter1

May 30, 2011
    thanks mate it worked brilliantly many thanks :)