[HELP!]How To Reduce CPU Usage?

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by NST_Adventure, Dec 1, 2019.

Tags:
?

Do You Have Same Issues?(CPU Usage Reach 80%-100%)

1. Yes :)

44.8%
  2. No :)

75.9%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. NST_Adventure

NST_Adventure MDL Addicted

Jun 1, 2019
    Hi Buddy
    Today i instal windows 10 in VM to Exeperiment
    But i Have Trouble With it Which Mean CPU Usage Is Always 80%-100% When i Turn On Windows 10
    How to resolve this?
    I Appreciate your help :)
    Thank you :)

Best Regards
    NST_Adventure

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. coleoptere2007

coleoptere2007 MDL Guru

Apr 8, 2008
    Change your computer as VM uses ressources from the host machine you can't do anything else except add more RAM.

3. toyo

toyo MDL Senior Member

Aug 14, 2009
    Which exact specs? What VM software? What VM specs/config?

With a relatively modern PC (last 5 years, 4/8 cores/threads or above), you can run 2-3 light VMs with ease provided you have 16GB of RAM. You just need to configure them properly. Also if you care about their speed, put them on an SSD, HDDs are quite ill suited for VMs.

4. nodnar

nodnar MDL Expert

Oct 15, 2011
    urgent request to all members;
    please dont feed the troll!!
    thank you.

I Appreciate your help :)
    Thank you :)

Best Regards
    NST_Adventure

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. endbase

endbase MDL Guru

Aug 12, 2012
    Realy a vote ??

6. bfoos

bfoos MDL Guide Dog

Jun 15, 2008
    Yes, and multiple choices are enabled on a 2 option poll! YES AND NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. NST_Adventure

Jun 1, 2019
    I will see if someone have same problem :)

8. NST_Adventure

Jun 1, 2019
    Oh hello @toyo
    Forgiveness of late reply ASAP i will send pm about my pc spec and let's what we can do for it ;)
    I don't have enough money to buy better RIQ

9. kaljukass

kaljukass MDL Guru

Nov 26, 2012
    #9 kaljukass, Dec 3, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2019
    I don't see any problem here. It all depends on what this CPU Usage Reach 80% -100% means.
    If you have a CPU with, for example, 2 cores and 1.6GHz operating frequency, then this is absolutely normal, but if u have a CPU operating at 3.0 - 4.0GHz and more than 2 cores, this situation generally does not happen, or if then for some seconds.
    As you know, RAM is not very important here (or in this case), yes, the min is 2GB, satisfactory is 4GB, good is 8GB. But as said, 2GB is really very little, but for example 1.667GHz CPU and 3GB RAM, I have such a version completely and for a home user who wants to read the web, email us and do basic work - can totally use it. There is no problems, but yes, most of time CPU usage is 75-80%, sometimes even more, but everything works, even youtube videos runs normally.

How To Reduce CPU Usage?
    Simply disable all not needed background processes, services, apps, etc. Also disable all auto starts what You really don't need and if it is also not enough, You can use serialized startup for explorer based programs and apps, so that they starts one-by-one after Windows itself and for example every app after 1 second.

10. Michaela Joy

Michaela Joy MDL Crazy Lady

Jul 26, 2012
    I'm no expert in VMs, but as toyo said, what VM software are you using?

Also, you're sharing the resources of the host machine, so that may make a big difference.

I would start by streamlining the host machine as much as possible. Then, I'd look at the configuration of the VM.

Yeah I couldn't help it. I voted both yes and no. :druff:

11. 3zero3

3zero3 MDL Senior Member

Apr 26, 2012
    Me too. :druff:

12. bfoos

bfoos MDL Guide Dog

Jun 15, 2008
    ME THREE!!! :druff:

13. NST_Adventure

Jun 1, 2019
    ... To make things clear
    I never have this issue in windows 7
    Since i will moving to windows 10 i trying to Exeperiment again on vm
    No matter on vm or on real machine it always 80%-100% not like in windows 7 anyway it always low cpu etc usage
    Do you have another way?i trying to disable unused service right now ;)

Thank you for your help ;)

Best Regard
    NST_Adventure

14. NST_Adventure

Jun 1, 2019
    Me:
    OH NO! :(
    :rip: old pc spec :(
    (Alright The Real Problem Is Here I Don't Have Enough money To buy new hardware economy in indonesian are in difficulty situation right now)
    I need some tweak suggestion as alternative :) can someone help me Anyway?
    Thank you ;)

Best Regards
    NST_Adventure

15. NST_Adventure

Jun 1, 2019
    #16 NST_Adventure, Dec 4, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2019
    (OP)
    Very funny @bfoos @3zero3 :SmallAwesomeSmiley: :biggrin::tooth:
    Just choose vote depending on situation if you not face this problem just vote no :V
    :druff::aglerks:

Have Fun :V :) ;) :druff::aglerks:

And Thank You For Helping Me :) ;) @bfoos @3zero3

Best Regards
    NST_Adventure

16. NST_Adventure

Jun 1, 2019
  17. NST_Adventure

Jun 1, 2019
    Mwehehe i have 8GB Ram dude :)

18. NST_Adventure

Jun 1, 2019