[Help] How to Sysprep an ESU patched Image for WEPOS7

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by kkhww, Jul 15, 2022.

1. kkhww

kkhww MDL Member

Mar 15, 2021
    I have met several problems dealing with my customized WEPOS7 (with latest updates installed, WMF 5.1 for this OS, and Bypass ESU V11). But When I run Sysprep /oobe /generalize /shutdown, errors came. I have viewed Logs at C:\Windows\System32\sysprep\Panther\setuperr.log and found that errors containing some .dll files. I'm comfused whether my image customization steps are correct and How can I solve this problem to make sysprep successfully run?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. longbeard

longbeard MDL Novice

Oct 23, 2021
    wmp network sharing service can break sysprep, stop service then sysprep.

3. kkhww

kkhww MDL Member

Mar 15, 2021
    And another problem is, should i cleanup winsxs before sysprep? OR do winsxs cleanup after sysprep?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. George King

George King MDL Expert

Aug 5, 2009
    If you are going to use NTLite for that, do it after capturing. Same as using ReBase. NTLite have much better results in Clean Update Backup :)

5. kkhww

kkhww MDL Member

Mar 15, 2021
    And Should I cleanup WINDOWS\assembly\NativeImages_v4.0.30319_32\ and 64?

6. George King

George King MDL Expert

Aug 5, 2009
    I never do cleanup manually