[Help] HP Elitebook 8560p PCIe Whitelist Questions

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by germi, Jul 6, 2014.

1. germi

germi MDL Novice

Jul 6, 2014
    Hello everyone!
    Very impressive Forum here! Lots of Knowledge and Pros! Biggest Respect! Maybe someone can help me out....
    I dont want to start just a request, i want to learn how to do this MOD by myself. I'm deep in IT on a daily base, but haven't a Need for a Modification on a BIOS... till now... So here, my Problem:

I want to unrestrict the two PCIe (one holds WIFI, other one holds WWAN) Sockets in my Laptop (cause i need an other WIFI Card for use with MAC OSX).

If i plug the new Card i get this BIOS-Message at booting that i can't install any other Card in there, and that the Slot now is deactivated.

What i did till now:
    -Downloaded BIOS Updater from HP, made a working Update USB-Stick.
    -Installed R&W Utility
    -Installed PhoenixTool 2.56
    -Pulled BIOS (68SCF.BIN) from original Updater.

Now... What to do next?
    How to correctly decompress this BIOS?
    Have i to bother about SLICs or related Activation Problems?

Is it even possible to DEACTIVATE the Whitelist Function so i can swap Cards for testing purposes?
    Or is it "just" possible to add Whitelist Tables and enter my new WIFI Card Specs in there?

Any Help would be very appreciated!
    BR Germi

2. junglepig

junglepig MDL Novice

Mar 24, 2014
    I have exactly the same question. I'll search around in the forum some more, but if anyone knows where to point me (and does so), I'll thank you kindly!

3. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    have u found a single person saying they have whitelisted in the HP newer laptops ?
    hp has locked these down tight and is almost impossible

4. imranromi

imranromi MDL Novice

Nov 23, 2017
    I agree lenovo is possible.