Help! I can't upgrade my IE9

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by elcondor, Apr 4, 2011.

1. elcondor

elcondor MDL Novice

Jul 19, 2009
    I've been running IE9 RC 6413 and I can't upgrade to RTM. It starts to install and gets around 10% done. It fails and gives me a 409 error with no other info. I had uninstalled the RC update first and now the browser is pretty much useless. Thank G-D for Fire Fox 4.
    Is there a way I can find what is blocking the install or fully delete the RC so I can upgrade to RTM without doing a complete reinstall?
    I can roll back a few days to put the RC back to working order, but it still refuses to update.
    I am running W7 SP1 x32 with all of Solor Hotfix's. And yes I have shut off all my Spyware and Anti Virus software before the install attempts.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. zahnoo

zahnoo MDL Senior Member

Feb 2, 2011
    #2 zahnoo, Apr 4, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2011
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. elcondor

elcondor MDL Novice

Jul 19, 2009
    Been there, done that. None of the KB article solutions apply to me and I have the RTM downloaded from 2 different spots residing on my local HD as well as thru WU. I think the issue is that the 6413 RC is somehow corrupted and will not uninstall completely from my machine. When I ran uninstall from WU for the KB it only partially deleted, that's why it's now toast and I can't get RTM to install. I rolled back to previous and it fixed the RC but I still cannot get rid of it.

4. elcondor

elcondor MDL Novice

Jul 19, 2009
    Help?? Bueller? Bueller?

5. elcondor

elcondor MDL Novice

Jul 19, 2009
    I've tried that as well. I think the uninstall is trashed, probably by a bad registry cleaner. I'll give it another go round though. There used to be a proggy running around a long time ago that deleted IE from your system. I'm wondering if something like that would work??

6. elcondor

elcondor MDL Novice

Jul 19, 2009
    I believe you're on to something, however all the links I've followed have been updated to IE9 RTM. If I run install DVD to do a repair wouln't it overwrite all my hot fixes as well?? If you know where I can get a copy of 6413 RC That would be quite helpful.