Help!!!!I now need to re-install windows

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by WILDCARD, Jan 25, 2011.

1. WILDCARD

WILDCARD MDL Novice

Jan 25, 2011
    I have a Samsung R519 Laptop, Celeron(R) Dual Core T3000 @ 1.8 GHz which had Windows 7 Home Basic 32 bit pre loaded onto it.

The problem now is I had a virus which basically wiped everything off my laptop and I now need to re install windows but I do not have the disc. However, I still do have the license key for Windows 7 Home Basic 32 bit on the sticker beneath my laptop.

What can I do now?

2. GurliGebis

GurliGebis MDL Member

Mar 3, 2008
    Install the same version (or a better version if you don't care about if it is legal), then use the OEM:SLP key for that version, and install the correct certificate.
    That should work like the version it came preinstalled with.

3. WILDCARD

WILDCARD MDL Novice

Jan 25, 2011
    The problem is I do not know whee to get the same version. I would prefer to keep everything legal. Can I download it somewhere and use my license key? I am really going to need help as to how I do it. thank you

4. GurliGebis

GurliGebis MDL Member

Mar 3, 2008
    You can download the ISO from here (look at the stickies in this forum).

You can use the serial under your laptop, but then you would have to activate it (since it's not the same serial it was preinstalled with).
    To get the same thing that you got with your laptop you would have to use the OEM:SLP key (also in the sticky) for that version, and the install the certificate - that would result in the same version of windows including activation, as when you bought your laptop. (Then all you need to do is install the utilities from your manufacturers website, and you're good to go) :)

5. WILDCARD

WILDCARD MDL Novice

Jan 25, 2011
    Is it possible for you to post the link for me here please. I tried searching for the samsung one but cannot find it. It will be much appeciated. I am still learning how all of this works and all help will be appreciated.

6. WILDCARD

WILDCARD MDL Novice

Jan 25, 2011
    not sure which one to download. the x86 or x64. what is the difference?

7. woebetide

woebetide MDL Member

May 28, 2007
    In the 1st post you said Windows 7 basic 32 bit, so download x86.;)

8. WILDCARD

WILDCARD MDL Novice

Jan 25, 2011
    Thanks allot!

9. WeeJeWel

WeeJeWel MDL Novice

Oct 13, 2010
    Didn't it came with a rescue dvd?

10. tcntad

tcntad MDL Guru

Oct 26, 2009
    Small boys and alot of other people doesnt know you have to create recoverydiscs yourself today..

Some manufacturers might provide one but FS tells you to create one using windows 7 built in software (atleast on moms)

11. MrG

MrG MDL Expert

May 31, 2010
    I restored a Lenovo Laptop a few weeks ago.

It was very simple, just press the boot from restore partition button & the laptop will boot to a restore window where one can choose to restore the Laptop to the factory defaults, it even restored activated.... very easy, you'll lose all your data though.

Check your manufacturer's website for info on booting from the restore/rescue partition.