Help!!! I reinstalled windows 7 and now i have no admin permissions

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by thabz94, Jun 1, 2011.

1. thabz94

thabz94 MDL Novice

May 31, 2011
    i reinstalled today and i went to crack my new programs but i couldnt edit any of the files... i am admin and the only user on my computer and i have tried changing ownership but i get access denied every time

PLEASE, SOMEONE HELP ME!!!!! IMA RAGE QUIT SOON!! HAHA

2. tlstls

tlstls MDL Novice

Aug 12, 2009
    Disable UAC (User Account Control) then reboot your system and it should be back to normal.

3. hbhb

hbhb MDL Expert

Dec 15, 2010
    that or log it as administrator straight up, win 7 on 32 bits used to give me some annoyances at one time, no more with the 64bits i am running now

4. thabz94

thabz94 MDL Novice

May 31, 2011
    :S still not working and i still get access denied???

5. thabz94

thabz94 MDL Novice

May 31, 2011
    still doesnt work

6. babuin12

babuin12 MDL Member

Jan 24, 2011
    First scan for virus - Malwarebytes for ex , then try takeownership

7. thabz94

thabz94 MDL Novice

May 31, 2011
    but it was installed yesturday and the 1st programe i put on it was avast pro but it would not me let edit the .dll files..... i am currently coppying my music a documents over from my external so when im finnished i will search for virus/malware

8. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    What you mean is you are trying to copy over an Avast patched dll file to crack the program you cannot do it when avast services are running it is avast that is stopping you not windows. Read the documentation with the crack personally those cracks are garbage need updated with every time new avast build comes out they never last and serial gets blacklisted. Better just using Free version.

9. half Man Half Biscuit

half Man Half Biscuit MDL Addicted

Jun 1, 2011
    Sorry one question,is it allowed to talk about CRACKS and stuff like that????
    Will i get banned??

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  10. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    Not really we do not allow cracks or warez on MDL i was just explaining why he couldn't copy the file also no links were given. As i said it has nothing to do with permissions avast itself is not allowing its dll to copied over.

11. half Man Half Biscuit

half Man Half Biscuit MDL Addicted

Jun 1, 2011
    I thought so:)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  12. thabz94

thabz94 MDL Novice

May 31, 2011
    cos i feel safer with pro and id rather have avast internet protection since i use credit cards n stuff and i dont trust windows firewall

13. thabz94

thabz94 MDL Novice

May 31, 2011
    i got it from kat.ph and in the torrent came with avast internet security and avast pro.....
    and it was telling me to coppy the new cracked .dll files to the install directory but i think now i know the problem....
    its becos the program is running haha im an idiot and also i have no idea how to stop it from running haha there is no right-click option to close it

14. babuin12

babuin12 MDL Member

Jan 24, 2011
    you have been activated safe run for aplication , OS is blocked by antivirus , open task manager and close avast or disable safe run