HELP! I'm absolutely tearing out my hair on this one.

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by moparnut_06, Aug 9, 2013.

1. moparnut_06

moparnut_06 MDL Novice

Aug 9, 2013
    So I told a friend of mine I could easily downgrade her Satellite C75D to Windows 7. No issue, right? Most drivers should be available through the manufacturer, and I've never had an issue downgrading before. I was so wrong, it isn't even funny.

I've managed to install everything but the USB 3.0 and the Graphics driver. Surprisingly it states that the SM Bus Controller is installed for some reason. I've sat here trying every version of CCC I can imagine, up to the beta 13.8, which stated that it had support for the HD8330 that is integrated into the APU. Nope... no luck. I've got resolution up to 1600x900, but no Windows Aero. Device Manager lists the display as a Standard VGA graphics adapter.

I've tried pointing Windows to 64 bit .inf files... nothing... I've tried pointing it to the CCC 13.8 Driver installation directory... nothing.

I'm not usually one to ask for help, but I'm hoping somebody has run into this issue before. I know the APU for this unit is brand spanking new, but you'd imagine if it can support WDDM for Windows 8, why can't it support it for Windows 7?

Any Ideas?

EDIT: It's an A4-5000 with integrated Radeon HD8330 Graphics.

2. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Try to set the drivers to Windows 7 Compatibility Mode and try again!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. moparnut_06

moparnut_06 MDL Novice

Aug 9, 2013
    Well it looks like I jumped the gun. Apparently I didn't install the newest Beta from AMD, and that fixed the issue. I'd prefer to not backtrack after the 5+ hours I spent trying to figure it out, but if the situation ever presents itself I will definitely give that a shot!

Thanks for you help!