Help- Install programs with OS install

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Zaborgttm, Jun 16, 2010.

1. Zaborgttm

Zaborgttm MDL Novice

May 24, 2010
    #1 Zaborgttm, Jun 16, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2010
    What I am trying to attempt is adding a few programs to the install of my OS(7).
    I know that this can be done, but I have never attempted to do so.

I am basically looking for a guide, or help in doing this.

Programs I am trying to add to OS install-
    1.Mozilla Firefox
    2.Google Chrome
    3.Java
    4.Flash Player
    5.Office 2010
    6.Advanced System Care
    7.Game Booster
    8.Ccleaner
    9.AVG Antivirus
    10.Winrar
    11.Dvd Fab7
    12.DVD Shrink
    13.DVD Decrypter
    14.Nero 10
    15. Adobe Master Collection CS5(if possible to fit into a dual layer dvd)

2. Rosco

Rosco MDL Addicted

Oct 29, 2007
    I think you're being a little optomistic with this list - don't some of these require a reboot.

Ask a linux geek how they do it.

I guess if you knew all the changes each program made to the registry and where each placed what file you could figure out the mother of all scripts to do this but I'm thinking Windows 981 will be out before you're finished.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    #3 urie, Jun 16, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    Anything is possible with correct switches small example.

Code:
    Color 0A
    SET KEY=HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnceEx
    REG ADD %KEY% /V TITLE /D "RunOnceEx - Testing Applications" /f
    REG ADD %KEY% /v Flags /t REG_DWORD /d "20" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\1001 /VE /D "Sun Java 6u19" /f
    REG ADD %KEY%\1001 /V 101 /D "CMD /C Start /Wait F:\APPS\_SunJava\Java6u19.exe /qn ADDLOCAL=ALL IEXPLORER=1 MOZILLA=1 SYSTRAY=0" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\1002 /VE /D "DVDFab Platinum v7.0.6.2" /f
    REG ADD %KEY%\1002 /V 101 /D "F:\APPS\DVDFab_7\DVDFab7062.exe /SILENT /SP- /NORESTART" /f
    REG ADD %KEY%\1002 /V 102 /D "CMD /C DEL \"%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\DVDFab 7.lnk\"" /f
    REG ADD %KEY%\1002 /V 103 /D "CMD /C DEL \"%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\DVDFab 7.lnk\"" /f
    REG ADD %KEY%\1002 /V 104 /D "REGEDIT /S F:\APPS\DVDFab_7\DVDFab_71.reg" /f
    REG ADD %KEY%\1002 /V 105 /D "REGEDIT /S F:\APPS\DVDFab_7\DVDFab_72.reg" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\1003 /VE /D "Firefox 3.xx" /f
    REG ADD %KEY%\1003 /V 101 /D "CMD /C Start /Wait F:\APPS\Mozilla.Firefox_3.xx\Firefox_3_autoit.exe" /f
    REG ADD %KEY%\1003 /V 102 /D "CMD /C Start /Wait SLEEP.EXE 3" /f
    REG ADD %KEY%\1003 /V 103 /D "CMD /C RD \"%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\" /S /Q"" /f
    REG ADD %KEY%\1003 /V 104 /D "CMD /C Start /Wait SLEEP.EXE 3" /f
    REG ADD %KEY%\1003 /V 105 /D "cmd /c XCOPY \"F:\APPS\Mozilla.Firefox_3.xx\Firefox\" \"%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\" /E /I /H /R /Y" /f
    REG ADD %KEY%\1003 /V 106 /D "CMD /C Start /Wait F:\APPS\Mozilla.Firefox_3.xx\install_flash_player.exe /S" /f

@ Zaborgttm, check our MSFN forums unattended section Especially Se7en_UA but be prepared for a lot of reading and testing.

notes.
    DVDFab_71.reg =
    Code:
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\DVDFab]
    DVDFab_72.reg =
    Code:
    [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\DVDFab\V7]
    Firefox_3_autoit

Code:
    ; AutoIt Version: 3.1.1
    ; ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ; COMMAND SPEC     RunWait ( @Comspec & ' /C pskill.exe explorer.exe', '', @SW_HIDE )
    ; COMMAND SPEC     RunWait ( @Comspec & ' /C Sleep 1', '', @SW_HIDE )
    ; COMMAND SPEC     RunWait ("QuickTimeInstaller72.exe /qn", @TempDir, @SW_SHOW)
    ;-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Opt("WinWaitDelay",100)
    Opt("WinTitleMatchMode",4)
    Opt("WinDetectHiddenText",1)
    Opt("MouseCoordMode",0)
    $ID = ""; Custom installation path example: $ID = "D:\Program Files\"
    $search = FileFindFirstFile ( @ScriptDir & "\Firefox Setup 3*.exe" ); Search distribution
    $SF = FileFindNextFile ( $search )
    If $search <> -1 Then ; Run installer
        If Not $ID = "" Then $D = 'INSTALLDIR="' & $ID & '" '
        RunWait ( '"' & @ScriptDir & "\" & $SF & '" -ms -ira')
    Else
        MsgBox ( 0x40010, @ScriptName, "Firefox Setup 3 not found", 3 )
        Exit 1
    EndIf
    EXIT

4. avnerk

avnerk MDL Novice

Sep 22, 2009
    This is not my idea, I read it somewhere, and I've done it many times, and it works great:
    but you have to have another working win7 installation (your main one) and do it on a new installation on another partition.

Create your own Custom Win7 DVD

These instructions are for x86 (32-Bit) Windows Install and for x64 (64-bit).

Tools you will need :
    A Spare Hard Drive at least 20 gigs in size.
    The Windows 7 Auto Install Kit (AIK) ( Not the Beta, IT WILL NOT WORK)
    A Genuine Windows 7 RTM Key
    A Windows 7 RTM x86 ISO or x64 ISO
    PowerIso

Install x86 or x64 Ultimate or Professional to your Hard drive
    When install is finished and at your desktop:

1. Activate Windows using your Product key
    2. Install all your favorite Software - Activate it, and update it.
    3. Change Desktop background, Folder Settings, Display Options, Mouse pointer Speed etc.
    4. Reboot to make sure windows update got installed properly.
    5. Open Administrative cmd, and run System File check to make sure your system files are all ok

sfc /scannow

6. Reboot back into your main Windows Installation.
    7. Open administrative cmd prompt, and enter the following commands :

for x86
    cd\
    cd\Program Files\Windows AIK\Tools\x86 imagex /compress maximum /flags "Ultimate" /capture x: y:\install.wim "Windows 7 Ultimate"

or for x64
    cd\Program Files\Windows AIK\Tools\amd64 imagex /compress maximum /flags "Professional" /capture x: y:\install.wim "Windows 7 Professional"

WHERE:
    X is the drive you just installed all your software to.
    Y is where you will save your install.wim file, this generally would be c:\
    "Windows 7 Ultimate" is a label for the build

The capture process starts.
    Scanning of files and folders takes a couple minutes.
    creation of install.wim takes another ~8 minutes

8. Open PowerISO.
    Open your original Windows 7 Ultimate x86 or x64 iso folder.
    Navigate to the sources folder and delete install.wim
    Drag your new install.wim into the sources folder.
    Save the ISO.

You Now have a Windows Install dvd, packed with all your favorite software, all your personalised settings, and its activated. Burn your image to dvd.

5. tcntad

tcntad MDL Guru

Oct 26, 2009
    Yep, reverse engineering :p....

Yea you'll have one dvd for that computer only.

6. techie1

techie1 MDL Novice

Mar 11, 2010
    #6 techie1, Jun 18, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2010
    You could use the Microsoft Deployment Toolkit. You could have it automatically install all these programs and then capture a WIM file with them integrated. If that's too complicated, you can simply install the programs normally. After that, sysyprep the PC and use the MDT capture media to boot the machine and capture it into a .WIM file. This can all be done in a virtual machines if you like.

Edit: This is similar to avnerk's method above. Add sysprep to his method to make the image able to be installed on machines with different hardware.

7. paulpp

paulpp MDL Novice

Apr 25, 2010
    How do you add sysyprep to the iso?

8. techie1

techie1 MDL Novice

Mar 11, 2010
    Go to C:\Windows\System32\Sysprep
    Run sysprep.exe
    Choose Enter System Out-of-Box Experience (OOBE)
    Check Generalize
    Choose Shutdown and click OK

Sysprep will run through its process and prepare the machine for image capture. Once the machine shuts down, do not boot into that windows install again. If you boot it up by mistake, you will have to run sysprep again to prepare it. Use avnerk's method to capture syspreped installation into a WIM file.

9. *Reaper*

*Reaper* MDL Novice

Jun 20, 2010
    #10 *Reaper*, Jun 20, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2010
    Or... You could use the Windows7 Toolkit...

And then check the addon forum...

I have already created 5 or 6 of the ones you are looking for....

Most of the addons that I have done actually get "integrated" into your windows 7 dvd...

Not by just using switchless silent installers.... (There are a few of these but most are not)

Be warned, that forum does not tolerate any "warez" talk... Just to let ya know.

Since I dont have enough posts here, it won't let me post the links to them.

Google "Windows 7 Toolkit" The second link in results (Wincert) is what you are looking for.

10. techie1

techie1 MDL Novice

Mar 11, 2010
    @*Reaper*
    Interesting! I was not aware of this method. How does it work exatly? I assume the toolkit mounts the image and integrates the applications directly into the program files folder.
    This is definitely something I'll be looking into.

11. *Reaper*

*Reaper* MDL Novice

Jun 20, 2010
    #12 *Reaper*, Jun 20, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2010
    Yes.. The toolkit will ask for the source files, it will then ask what version you want to integrate to, aka starter, ultimate, etc... Then after you choose the addons you want to integrate, it will mount the wim, integrate the addons, then it will save the wim file... (Where the files are integrated to is different depending on the addon... Some are of course in the Program Files folder, but others such as theme addons integrate files in several different places)

I have also made addons for theme files, and many other things also... Just browse through the addon list... Quite a bit of stuff there and myself and others are always adding more...

Lego (the creator of the toolkit) has done a outstanding job...

It can also integrate updates, tweak certain things in the os (such as disable UAC)... Create your .iso.... and more..

It is a very good program..

Download one of the addons and extract it using winrar or 7zip... Then you can look at them and get a idea of how they are made... Hardest part most of the time when making a addon, is the registry... (Knowing what to keep and what to get rid of)..

Good luck... If ya need any help, just let me know...

12. techie1

techie1 MDL Novice

Mar 11, 2010
    Excellent program. I love the ability to select multiple images. This will save me a lot of time.
    Does it include an easy way to create All-In-One images? I have one DVD with x86, x64 and Enterprise versions integrated. I had to export each image manually into a new wim file.

13. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
  14. *Reaper*

*Reaper* MDL Novice

Jun 20, 2010
    7ZSplit will not do you any good on my toolkit addons... There is no 7zS.sfx, or config.txt.. These are not sfx installers. 7-Zip is just used to compress all of the files...

Although, I do like that program... I have already made a send-to addon for it.

15. Rosco

Rosco MDL Addicted

Oct 29, 2007
    #16 Rosco, Jun 21, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2010
    This is simply a method to achieve a result you can achieve in a few minutes far more easily by creating a backup of a working activated system and creating a bootable DVD or USB with the restore program and backup on the medium. Acronis include their Universal Restore feature.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  16. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
  17. Edouard

Edouard MDL Novice

Jun 23, 2010
    Thank you for this nice thread